Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toms River and Jackson Busing

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 9:48 pm
Can people living in Toms River and Jackson tell me if they get busing for their children to Lakewood? Pay privately, through the township, drive themselves....

Thanks so much!

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Mar 19 2016, 11:36 pm
Looking into those neighborhoods too. Any info on busing?

LiLIsraeli

Post Sat, Mar 19 2016, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
Looking into those neighborhoods too. Any info on busing?

They are towns, not neighborhoods.

From what I understand, people who live outside of Lakewood who send their children to school in Lakewood do not receive any bus service and need to drive their children to school (or carpool if that is available).

L K

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 1:20 pm
What two schools told me is that Jackson residents get aid in lieu of transportation, which is a payment from Jackson to Lakewood board of Ed for transporting those kids to school.

You need your school to assist you in processing the paperwork.

At least that was the case last year and this year. Naturally we have no idea how it's gonna play out in the coming years, what with all the busing mess there's been.

Of course you have to be lucky to get your route picked up by the actual operator, but that pertains to Lakewood families as well. This year some Lakewood kids were assigned to routes but no bus company bid on them, so in the end they had busing only on paper.

In one of my kids schools, there was a Jackson family whose kids had morning transportation by bus, and in the afternoon older one did but the younger one had to be carpooled. (Different dismissal times)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating