Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ali Express

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:14 am
Anyone bought anything from that site? Ie clothing, accessories? Really anything? Curious about the quality. I know everything is from China but their stuff is sooooo cheap!! They have a winter jacket for $35.00!! Here in Toronto same jacket would be a couple of hundred I think!
My mother always told me "you get what you pay for". Should I even bother buying anything from this site?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:37 am
I bought spit-up cloths (before I figured out what they were called in Hebrew)- they're of reasonable quality. I don't know if I'd buy anything that costs more than a few dollars, but I might if the seller had really good reviews.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:45 am
We have got small items like toys for kids, keychains etc.
in January in Toronto you could prob do almost as well for winter coats (kids for sure, womens coats for that price will be lower quality). I get my kids gap down coats end of season for $30 cad this time of year. Also, our dollar is so bad now that's for sure a factor in shopping.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:45 am
I've bought from the site and you have to be careful and read the reviews.

I got a gorgeous poncho that was a Burberry knockoff at a great price. My friend bought UGG slipper knockoffs and paid $45 instead of $120. She said they were very nice but not exactly identical to the ones for $120 but certainly fine for the money.

I personally would take a chance on children's clothing since most is made in China anyway and chances are you are buying from the same factories. I would check ratings for the supplier and ask questions regarding sizing and materials. You are protected if the item is seriously not what was expected as they don't charge your credit card until you acknowledge delivery and most of the stores that have been around for awhile do not want to get bad ratings.

ETA. But as others have posted, with sales you may or may not do better buying at a real store.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:59 am
I've gotten knock off miraflex frames. The difference in quality wasn't so great but the difference in price sure was!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Apr 08 2016, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

blossoming

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 5:17 am
I got my daughter these two dresses, which seemed okay by the picture, but when I got them I was shocked at the horrible quality. They were nylon, so not cotton, and the hem was done real bad.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snap.....50936

http://he.aliexpress.com/item/....._6151

I stocked them in my purim box for now.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 5:22 am
blossoming wrote:
I got my daughter these two dresses, which seemed okay by the picture, but when I got them I was shocked at the horrible quality. They were nylon, so not cotton, and the hem was done real bad.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snap.....50936

http://he.aliexpress.com/item/....._6151

I stocked them in my purim box for now.

You have to read carefully. The fabric was stated as polyester chiffon which makes no sense as a fabric. You should ask what the fabric is.

Not blaming you because you can get garbage if you are not careful. Read everything and confirm with the seller. Ask if the pictures are of the actual item

gande

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:36 am
I order from there all the time! Some of my items were; Beads for kids to make jewelry, , puffer crests moccasins and rompers for my baby, jewelry ect I only ha one experience where my item didn't arrive.. The quality is usually ok. But be aware that you can't return so you are taking a risk. Therefore I don't order expensive items.

married123

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:47 am
There's a website alipicks.com with great products from Ali express that were bought and worth it...

noosheen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:49 am
No offense blossom- but the first dress was $3.89!!! Cmon!! What does one expect for a child's dress that costs less than a latte from Starbucks! shock

busy mommy

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:52 am
I have had great experiences buying from them. I even got a wedding skirt which was used twice!
You really really really have to read everything. If there is even one red flag don't buy it!

lfab

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:52 am
I have bought from them but only very cheap items. I don't think I would buy clothes since it's too hard to know what the quality will be or how it will fit and there are no returns. Mostly I have bought things like headbands and hair clips for my kids as well as some costume jewelry for myself. Some of the stuff is nice quality and some it cheapy. But since I never pay more than a dollar or 2 I don't feel too bad if it's not what I had expected it to be.

cs261

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:09 am
I order from there all the time. I would recommend looking at the review pictures (If there are any) you can really tell how it’s gonna look and the quality of the item from the pictures

mizle10

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:27 am
Some stuff is great, some is junk. I won’t spend more than about $20 on an item, and that would really be my max because it’s a risk.

Actually, 2 things I have spent more on are the orangemom coats (kids, down, real fur trim, about $60) and slippers for myself that I bought after my friend got hers and was very happy with them.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:35 am
I buy hair accessories and jewelry.
The jewelry is gorgeous but the necklaces tend to break quickly. We are learning to fix.
Hair bands are detailed and magnificent.

Once bought my girls dresses. But I think the site works best for this that sew and can lengthen, shorten and take in and out. Me neighbor sews and changed everything.

Plus now I find I can my girls dresses locally for less then ali so I’d rather support frum businesses and see what I’m buying first.

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:13 am
Ali express has adorable toddler/little girl clothes this spring/summer season.

Some are very good quality with a good fit & cheap. Similar styles to Jewish stores.

Some you are not that lucky with..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics