Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Allergic reaction from mary kay?

minnie mouse

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 3:00 pm
My dd started using mary kay makeup and she keeps breaking out terrible eczema patches on her face,around her eyes and lips. My consultant says she never heard of anyone reacting to their products. Its the only new product she's using. I cant think of anything else.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 3:07 pm
You can react to anything. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything in my life--except one specific Clinique product. It took awhile to realize it was the culprit because the idea seemed so foreign to me.

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 3:09 pm
I have very sensitive skin and never reacted room Mary Kay (although I have reacted to other companies ).
It's very possible that she's allergic to a specific ingredient in one of the products.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 08 2016, 4:00 pm
I went to a Mary Kay demo and broke out from nearly everything I tried. I have never broken out from any other product.

Twinster

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 6:50 pm
Is it a TimeWise product? If so she may be sensitive to retinol (vitamin A). Their other lines don't have it. (I know, since I'm also sensitive to that - I can use all their products except TimeWise).

minnie mouse

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 6:56 pm
Twinster wrote:
Is it a TimeWise product? If so she may be sensitive to retinol (vitamin A). Their other lines don't have it. (I know, since I'm also sensitive to that - I can use all their products except TimeWise).

She's only using the makeup and now consultant told us to use the timewise system. Maybe her cleanser is working against the makeup line. I am not ready to try more of their products.

Twinster

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 7:00 pm
minnie mouse wrote:
She's only using the makeup and now consultant told us to use the timewise system. Maybe her cleanser is working against the makeup line. I am not ready to try more of their products.

Their liquid foundation also has retinol. It's a TimeWise product.

Twinster

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 7:02 pm
minnie mouse wrote:

And what does "only makeup" include? Cleanser? Moisturizer? I found these to be more irritating than the foundation. So maybe change moisturizers. Either way, stop using the foundation too until her skin clears.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:00 pm
I've reacted badly to MaryKay, Arbonne, MAC, Lancome Sensitive, Clinique, Clinique rosacea, Estee Lauder, Sephora, some other all natural organic ones that I cant remember the names of anymore, and many others. Name a brand, and I most probably tried it... It took me over a year of trying brand after brand until I found what works for me.
I use Il Makiage by Illana Harkavi, and I never had a problem.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:05 pm
Also, if your dd has a fish allergy, check ingredients of eye makeup. I dont remember if marykay was one of those, but many brands use fish scales as the shimmer in their eye shadow (and in other shimmery products).

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 10:54 am
Yes some people react badly to various things even if they are "non reactable" according to the seller.
That said perhaps she needs to try their line that is allergy friendly? It is not sold most often and not shown at their parties but they do have lighter stuff.

Otherwise try a different company.

Twinster

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 12:36 pm
Keep in mind that Mary Kay has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you should take the products back to your consultant for an exchange or refund. She doesn't lose out on your return.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 1:35 pm
Anyone can react to anything.
The same way there can be people who are allergic to apples.
There is no such a thing as something no one is allergic to , except water.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 7:13 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Anyone can react to anything.
The same way there can be people who are allergic to apples.
There is no such a thing as something no one is allergic to , except water.

I actually know someone who was allergic to water as an infant; not to ingest it,but to touch it. He got terrible rashes that sometimes even bled when it was really bad.

musicmom

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 8:16 pm
FISH SCALES IN EYE MAKEUP>>> gross! I can't check mine fast enough!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics