Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Income tax refund

zigi

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:16 pm
I'm just wondering if anyone got their refund yet. I filed a few days before the deadline, my father filed a month earlier and he already got his. I really should have filed earlier, oh well

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:37 pm
I filed like the day before the deadline and I got it. Did you file electronically or physically? Did you give them routing information for direct deposit? Electronic filing is supposed to be a lot faster though I filed through good 'ol snail mail-- and received my refund through direct deposit at the beginning of this week.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:38 pm
I sent mine out before Pesach and received my refunds (via check)

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 5:21 pm
I was told they mail out refunds every 2 weeks and my accountant told us that today (friday) was one of the on weeks so we should get ours next week sometime so maybe you'll get it next week. Also if you did direct deposit then check cuz it might be there already without you getting notified.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 7:10 pm
if you are due a refund, you shouldn't wait to file - as soon as you get your paperwork, in feb, you should file.

dr pepper

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 7:22 pm
you can check on the status at the irs website.

amother

Post Sat, May 12 2007, 11:45 pm
just curious, why would someone get a refund?

amother

Post Sat, May 12 2007, 11:50 pm
If you made less than a certain amount of money in one year, then you don't have to pay taxes-- but a certain amount of money is already taken out of your paycheck at work-- so then the IRS redunds that amount.

dr pepper

Post Sat, May 12 2007, 11:56 pm
some people are overtaxed, and in lieu of having payroll adjust their deductions to break even, they get a refund.

also, there are different tax deductions for things like financial losses, education, childcare, etc. again, you can figure out how much you should be paying and adjust your weekly paycheck accordingly, but for a lot of people it is just easier to get a refund.

zigi

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 11:08 am
thanks for the info every one! next year I'm definatly going to file right away. and use direct deposit

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 11:42 am
I filed mine the day before, electronically, and had the refunds direct deposited. They came a week or two ago. (they showed up in my bank acct)

amother

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 3:05 pm
Nope, didn't get my refund, but the IRS did cash my check for $5300.

Stupid AMT.

dr pepper

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
I was told they mail out refunds every 2 weeks and my accountant told us that today (friday) was one of the on weeks so we should get ours next week sometime so maybe you'll get it next week. Also if you did direct deposit then check cuz it might be there already without you getting notified.

interesting, I never knew this, but I just checked on the irs website and it said mine was mailed out on friday.

zigi

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 1:21 pm
thanks for the info every one! I finally got my checks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics