Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Different chinuch styles

Seraph

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 6:03 am
Do you and your husband have the same exact shittos on chinuch? If they differ, what do you do about the actual issues when they come into practice? You do one thing and he does another?
Did you discuss chinuch issues before you got married? Before you had kids? Or do you just decide on things as they come up?

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:20 am
We discussed chinuch much before marriage... it is something very important to us... we both want to be not lax, although I think dh will be much stricter than me. I just hope the children end up like him, not me LOL

nylon

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 2:36 pm
We made sure we were on the same page about the generalities, but that was all. Every child is different and you need to make the chinuch decisions that are right for that child.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 6:12 am
My dh and I are def not on the same page. I suggest a rav also be involved whether you agree or not. We have a rav for chinuch and shalom bayis. His help in chinuch was 90% of his work in shalom bayis.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 6:16 am
I think as kids change you must be careful to pay attention to their needs ... "chanoch l'naar al pi darko" ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics