Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas for long plane ride

sc

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 10:18 pm
we are iy"H going to E"Y in June and have a 2 1/2 year old son... what are some ways we can keep him busy and entertained on the long trip in the airplane... what should we bring along? we wanted to bring our laptop and dvd's but you can only plug in laptops in business class

miriam

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 11:15 pm
I suggest going to the dollar store and buying a bunch of toys/nicknacks that you can take out when he gets antsy. Take one out at a time.

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 7:26 am
I would like to expand a little bit on Miriam's idea. I would take several small paper bags and fill each of them with some of those dollar-store items that she mentioned. There should be at least one thing in each that has a sort of activity (obviously for the child's age...like crayons/paper, blocks, etc). Maybe put one small treat in each. Draw a colorful picture or put colorful stickers on each bag or tie with colorful ribbons. Give the child one bag every hour (lead the child to believe that this is the only bag).

One more thing. I would give a bag to the child every hour or so--I would NOT wait until the child is upset and agitated. Better not to train the child to think that he gets treats when he is misbehaving but rather that when we travel, our family does special things.

sc

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 9:10 am
Thanks alot! a/o have more ideas or specific things that are good for a 2 1/2 year old boy and can bring along on a plane..

Mammy

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 10:12 pm
SC,
Check out this old thread. There are lots of ideas there.

Also, If you bring an extra battery for a dvd player, you could use it even if there is no plug. (every minute of entertainment helps)

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....29098
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics