Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
7yo has had fever for 6 days!

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 6:40 pm
And I'm worried. It's hovered around 100.7. Doctor said he only worries when the fever lasts 2 weeks - REALLY? I'm concerned. She had been coughing a little bit but has no other symptoms there than exhaustion. I don't know what to do. Have any of your kids had a fever that long? - Neurotic Mom

L K

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 6:50 pm
Yes, they had- because of a "simple" thing that turned out to be a bad untreated ear infection. Have you had your child checked by the dr?

Even basic checking is important: checking ears, strep test, Lungs, basic bloodwork.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 6:54 pm
Thanks - I think I'll take her to urgent care tomorrow.

Cookie Monster

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 7:46 pm
Did you rule out the flu? Fever and coughing are the most common symptoms and yes, it can last a week or more.

fleetwood

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 8:16 pm
My dd had the exact same thing when she was 7. She had a low grade fever for a week and cough. It turned out to be bronchitis. You may need a chest xray. Good luck

Simple1

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 8:25 pm
My dd a few weeks ago had fever for about 6 days. It turned out she had an adenovirus, which runs it's course, but was given eye drops for conjunctivitis.

My doctor says to come in after 2 days of fever. I'm surprised you were told 2 weeks. How do you know it's not a strep? Sometimes my kids have had strep without fully being aware that their throat was hurting - just generally feeling very sick.

busydev

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 8:38 pm
Its been going around where I live. My 2 yo's playgroup everyone was out 2 weeks ago. Some for 3 days, some for a solid week and they had fever the entire time and nothing. A number of kids in my building were sick for awhile. My sister subbed a class that week where there were 10/24 students etc etc

My Dr usually says to get fever withbno other symptomd checked out after and every 72 hours.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 9:02 pm
Just went to urgent care. Negative for flu and strep - mild ear infxn which she has amoxicillin for now. Be well everyone

tweety1

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 10:45 pm
Did you say dd? If yes, please check for a uti even though she doesnt have any other symptoms.

L K

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
Just went to urgent care. Negative for flu and strep - mild ear infxn which she has amoxicillin for now. Be well everyone

Ok glad to hear you found the cause and it's nothing major. Regular sheleyma to the kid and see if she needs Motrin for pain )

happy mommy6

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 12:45 am
My son also had fever for a week. Went to dr and he had ear infection. Bh he's been fever free since on anti biotics!

November

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 1:12 am
Amother cornflower, I'm concerned that you had to get checked and treated by an urgent care in the place of your Pediatrician. Why would he want to give a fever 2 weeks? Have you been otherwise happy with your pediatrician? If not, I'd say this might be a good time to start asking around about another one that people love.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics