Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bikur Cholim Hospital

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 5:58 am
Has anyone ever given birth there? What was your experience like?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 6:09 am
Yes I had a baby there 7 weeks ago.
I had an amazing experience. I was in labor for 24 hours so I had two midwives - both were PHENOMENAL. The midwife that delivered did such a great job that I didn't even need stitches which is very unusual for a first birth! They kept me involved and made this birth the most amazing experience.
The accommodations however, are far from five star. I shared a tiny room with two other woman. You need to go downstairs to the dining room for meals, you need to pick up and drop off your baby from the nursery (also downstairs) etc. But I didn't mind since the staff are all really nice and there is a lovely environment.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 6:52 am
I was there over a yom tov and the staff were not so nice, they probably were over worked due to many admissions and not having enough workers because of the holiday.

I had a c section and had to ask for medication, then received just standard same as the natural birth mothers (nurofen and optalgin - which by the way is dangerous and banned in the US!). It was not enough and I was in a lot of pain. With previous c sections in the US I received much stronger medication which enabled me to recover much faster.
As for going for meals and the nursery I had to ask them to bring me food and the baby every time since I couldn't manage to walk every time - and was helped but they were really annoyed. Instead of being helped, I felt embarrassed to ask. Usually I would be fine but because of hormones and being in so much pain I felt helpless.

I was not happy with my experience but I guess it depends on how your birth went and also what days you are there (not Shabbos or yom tovim) HOWEVER the Doctor who did the delivery was very good and the actual c section was excellent.

Good luck!

Smile1234

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 7:10 am
I'll echo what the previous poster said. I had an amazing experience there a few months ago.
(Btw not everyone is in the upstairs ward. There are two. One is on the same floor as the dining room and nursery.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions