Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Doona/bee????

Shoelover

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:50 pm
Debating between the Doona car seat (car seat w wheels attached) or getting bugaboo bee (or similar) w attachment piece for maxi cosi (or similar) not sure what to do!!!!

tee312

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:39 pm
They are both great the doona is super convenient but if you go with the it you will eventually need another stroller

littleprincess

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:42 pm
I have the bugaboo bee with the maxi cosy car seat and loooove it. Once my baby outgrew the infant car seat I used to stroller part and it folds so easily to be put in car. Also love the look of it

Shoelover

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:44 pm
tee312 wrote:
They are both great the doona is super convenient but if you go with the it you will eventually need another stroller
do you find the doona to be heavy? I will jab to carry it up a few stairs

Shoelover

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:45 pm
littleprincess wrote:
I have the bugaboo bee with the maxi cosy car seat and loooove it. Once my baby outgrew the infant car seat I used to stroller part and it folds so easily to be put in car. Also love the look of it
how small does it fold?

tee312

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 7:38 pm
Shoelover wrote:
do you find the doona to be heavy? I will jab to carry it up a few stairs

It is on the heavier side

Shoelover

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:33 pm
tee312 wrote:
It is on the heavier side
like when the baby weighs 15-20 lb it's probably impossible

going-up

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 9:29 pm
I have the bee that I use with my graco carseat. With a new born it's really quick and easy going in and out of the car. I take off the seat and keep the frame with the adapter on in the car. Unfolding and folding it and folding it takes a second and all you gotta do is click on the car seat. When I have to take the stroller up stairs I unclick the car seat, take that up and then go back down and take up the frame without unfolding it since it's so light weight. When the baby gets too heavy to lift in the car seat I use it with the seat that comes with the stroller which also takes really quick to fold and unfold.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 9:31 pm
Two different needs. I f you also need a bassinet, I think the bee is a good choice. How often are you in the car? Several times a day?

Shoelover

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 8:36 am
I'm in and out of car a lot, but will definitely have to do steps

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 8:43 am
Shoelover wrote:
like when the baby weighs 15-20 lb it's probably impossible

When the baby weighs that much it's also impossible to carry them up stairs in a lighter car seat like a Graco too.

I have a Doona. It meets a very specific need and it's great for me but it isn't the most practical choice for everyone. I was in and out of taxis a lot and I have a big family so the convenience and the time it saves is really invaluable to me. I also already had a regular stroller that sits upright and reclines flat for trips to the park and other outings that don't involve a car. I really love my Doona but you ahve to look at all your needs to figure out what is most practical for you.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 9:57 pm
is the Doona muktza to push on shakos. I assume u can't fold and unfold it. but would it be muktza to push?? I've never seen on in real life so nt sure exactly how it works
thanks

rockingbells

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 10:49 pm
I think you should get the Doona or a carseat/snap n go AND a stroller.

I debated getting the Doona and decided against it because I viewed it as an alternative to a stroller and the cons of having the Doona as a stroller is that it isn't meant for heavy use, more for short trips to/from car or around when you drive somewhere (and I walk a lot!), and that it can only be used while the baby is in an infant carseat. Additionally, it is not ideal for an infant to be in that carseat position for prolonged periods. I ended up getting a car seat and a stroller with adapters. For my lifestyle (in and out of cabs, public transit) the Doona would have been a LIFESAVER. It has been almost a year since I decided not to buy one and I think about it every time I get overwhelmed with having to lug my stroller frame to and from the trunk. Even if it is a lightweight frame, like the bee, when you have a baby/diaper bag that extra step actually becomes a major inconvenience sometimes. I use my actual stroller daily and the Doona would never have replaced it. But the Doona would have been an awesome replacement for my current carseat! I recommend both!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics