Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
If youd need to replace a Bosch, would you get Bosch again?
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:23 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
If you mainly use it for challah, go with the Magic Mill -- it also holds 5 lbs comfortably.

But if you want it more as an all-purpose machine, the Bosch is better at regular baking (cookies, etc)

Bosch is usually cheapest at BB&B with 20% coupon -- and they stand behind the purchases you make there.

The one at BBB doesn't come with the metal "challah" bowl that is sold in the Jewish stores - do you think it's necessary?

rick1

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 3:32 pm
My Bosch (new model) broke after 1.5 years. The motor died from making too much challah at once (5 lbs).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:50 pm
Simple1 wrote:
The one at BBB doesn't come with the metal "challah" bowl that is sold in the Jewish stores - do you think it's necessary?

I don't actually own a Bosch (or a Magic Mill) Smile

But I would highly suggest using a metal bowl for challah dough -- plastic ones absorb oil and may affect the outcome. It can always be gotten separately, anyway.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:50 pm
You can try to get a broken Bosch fixed. I think my mother had hers fixed twice by someone in Lakewood.

summer0808

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 10:14 pm
100% I would replace.

BTW I knead 7 lbs flour in the silver bowl with the old style machine. B'h almost 12 years old kein yirbu. I think Magic Mill also can do so much but it doesn't have a cover and it's a whole procedure when to put in the flour it shouldn't fly all over the place!

If you do a lot of cookies get the cookie paddle or you'll break your beaters!

Simple1

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 9:15 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't actually own a Bosch (or a Magic Mill) Smile

But I would highly suggest using a metal bowl for challah dough -- plastic ones absorb oil and may affect the outcome. It can always be gotten separately, anyway.

Interesting. But it seems that bowl itself is really expensive - They charge $100 extra for the Bosch with the Challah bowl ($500).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 9:45 am
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/no.....-bowl interesting discussion, basically a lot of disagreement Smile

My sister got the BB&B one, as did my neighbor. I assume if the metal bowl is so much, they didn't end up getting that in addition, so I guess their challah is ok Smile

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 7:02 am
Interesting that some people feel that the newer model can't handle more than 1.5 kilo flour. I got mine 7 years ago.. I think it's the new model? (the dough hook attaches from the top (like the beaters)). So far, so good, ka"h... and I make challah with 3 kilos of flour every week.

shacn

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 8:09 am
Yes my Bosch is my life saver! Wouldn't make challah without it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars