Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Where to give tzedakah?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 11:46 pm
I have some money to give to tzedakah but I dont know where to give it.
Please help me with ideas of organizations. I am looking for those that are not so common that everyone sends to but not those that are so rare that I can't do research on what they do and how they are run.
I am in NY but the organization does not have to be based here.
Has there been an organization that helped you or that you know of that you think REALLY needs and deserves the money?
(I'm talking about a few thousand dollars only. Not hundreds of thousands. But every little bit counts.)

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 1:16 am
Well, here goes... I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but I am collecting for a young teen who cannot live in her home due to extreme parental dysfunction. She is in a wonderful boarding yeshiva and is doing beautifully.

I don't know if you prefer to give to a tzedaka organization, but in this case the entire donation goes directly to this cause... no overhead or administrative costs or anything... the check would be made out directly to the yeshiva for her tuition, room, and board. Living at the school has saved her life and her neshama.....

It's a well-known school and the principal could fill you in himself....

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 6:33 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....92401

there are always places to give ...

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 7:14 am
http://yoht.org/keren-simchas-yom-tov/

I always give my money to them.
What I like about it is that they have open books and that every dollar goes right to the needy. There are no salaries or anything

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 9:47 am
Thank you.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 9:48 am
amother wrote:
Well, here goes... I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but I am collecting for a young teen who cannot live in her home due to extreme parental dysfunction. She is in a wonderful boarding yeshiva and is doing beautifully.

I don't know if you prefer to give to a tzedaka organization, but in this case the entire donation goes directly to this cause... no overhead or administrative costs or anything... the check would be made out directly to the yeshiva for her tuition, room, and board. Living at the school has saved her life and her neshama.....

It's a well-known school and the principal could fill you in himself....

Before I would give to such a cause I would like to speak to a rav that can verify the situation and be sure that the funds are going to the right places.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics