Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins?
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:26 am
I'm honestly jealous of women who have twins and even though BH we don't have infertility issues I'm kind of tempted to try fertility meds to try to have twins since I might have only 1 more pregnancy as I'm getting closer to 35.

Is that crazy? I think other women do this.

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
I'm honestly jealous of women who have twins and even though BH we don't have infertility issues I'm kind of tempted to try fertility meds to try to have twins since I might have only 1 more pregnancy as I'm getting closer to 35.

Yes it's crazy. It might not work at all, or you could be like the women I know who did that and got triplets and quads.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 12:55 pm
What is this 24 hour help of which you all speak? Smile I had Ivf and implanted 2 and d avened for twins. got my wish! The baby stage is the easiest in my opinion. Eat. Sleep. Poop. Play. My twins are 9 now. I worked while they napped and hired 8 to 10 hours a week of babysitting help for their second year so I could make the income we needed. But worked after bedtime too. Always interrupted by poops. But that was the easy stage.

xyz

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:10 pm
For the many uneducated members on this forum that clearly seem to be in the dark when it comes to multiple pregnancys; here's a couple of things:
number one doctors and rabbis today collaborate extensively thru ought a couples treatment ! They work together as a team and whenever an issue shud arise they will hammer it out.
Number two, most multiple pregnancys are uneventful and carried to full term! And are bodies bounce back just like from a singleton pregnancy.(And btw how many single pregnancys do u hear having issues ????? A lot!!!)
Number three, twins are in no way easy but giving birth every year or even every two years is in many ways harder!

So absolutely I understand anyone who wants to join the mom of twins club! Lol!!

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 6:22 am
Transfer two and leave the rest to Hashem. I didn't have twins just two kids ten months apart. Much harder. No one offered help or services that's usually offered for twins. No babysitting or meals. The baby was a preemie and cried all day. Dh worked 12 hour shifts. It was tough. I don't think twins would have been harder. At least they are on the same schedule. Bh they are much older now.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 6:45 am
amother wrote:

Yes you are crazy!! What I would give not to have to make the decision of 1 or 2 embryos, not to have to inject myself with crazy hormones, not to go to 6am doctors appointments, not to have painful procedures, not to deal with the sadness and disappointment, not to feel left out or pitied. So ya, I'll trade that to have a singleton and not get my twins.
We officially told the doctor we were transferring two and the paperwork has been signed.
From here on it is up to Hashem!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 7:33 am
I'm the amother who said I have twins and wouldn't do it again.
Just to be fair as I see others' posts, my pregnancy was actually uneventful and not more difficult physically than with 1. I was in excellent shape before I got pregnant and my doctor attributed the smooth pregnancy and natural delivery to that (along with a lot of luck!! ), so maybe what shape you're in is another factor to take into account.

I still say that raising healthy happy clean twin babies is impossible for 1 person. To the amother above who 'worked between changing poops,' maybe I feel a little defensive, but I have a hard time believing it. Unless you compromised on a lot, there must be other people present for when both babies pooped, are hungry, are tired, you haven't slept in 5 nights, and you're almost out of pampers.

*fyi I'm extremely grateful for my babies. I wouldn't trade a single smile from either of them for a month of sleep. But when I get pregnant again, I pray with my heart and soul for 1.*

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 7:35 am
Just saw your update OP. Wishing you lots of joy and good news soon!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more