Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
YOGA- are you a yoga instructor?

MyTimeNow

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:18 pm
If so, can you tell me about where you took your training, how you worked around any religious issues/constraints, was it worth your time and money investment?

Thanks!

dimples

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:46 pm
Hi! I am a yoga instructor and took my course through Kinneret yoga. It's a Jewish program that complies with yoga alliance, but they took out all the Hinduism and non kosher aspects. They have trainings in Toronto, New York and Israel. U can google to find out more info about the program, but I really loved it! I felt that they really gave me all the tools I needed to start teaching yoga Smile

MyTimeNow

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:03 am
dimples wrote:
Hi! I am a yoga instructor and took my course through Kinneret yoga. It's a Jewish program that complies with yoga alliance, but they took out all the Hinduism and non kosher aspects. They have trainings in Toronto, New York and Israel. U can google to find out more info about the program, but I really loved it! I felt that they really gave me all the tools I needed to start teaching yoga Smile

Thanks!
I did check out the website and am glad to hear from someone who studied with them.
Did you take any additional classes? For example, anatomy? How long are you practicing yoga, how long teaching? Do you run classes or travel to homes & do privates? Do you continue to expand your personal practice? Is it ok that I'm asking you a jillion questions? Wink

dimples

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:46 am
They had an anatomy workshop as part of the course, and we had to read a yoga based anatomy book as well. Once we read the book, we were tested on it with an open book test. It was very thorough though, and it took me a long time to complete that part since the questions were quite detailed. But I'm glad they were coz I learnt a lot that way Wink I teach mostly privates and run group classes in people's homes too. I have my own home practice going on and take studio classes to keep myself in check. I've been teaching since the summer and have been practicing for about 3-4 years now. And you can ask me as many questions as you want, I really have no problem with that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise