Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dinner ideas

newu

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 12:58 pm
anyone have some good and easy suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 3:44 pm
what do you like; what's your budget?

loveit

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 3:46 pm
taco salad..great for warm weather, very filling...you can use the soy taco meat if you want to do dairy and then you can throw some cheese in instead of using ground beef

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:06 pm
When I mamash do not feel like cooking or don't have time but have to anyway, I boil up some soft noodles, drain and add Israeli cheese (soft, sour tasting...we're in Israel) and I serve with some kind of Parve soup I take out of the freezer. If you can't find Israeli cheese, then a combination of sour cream/cream cheese may do. Or try cottage.

A good 15 minute vegetable lo-mein: stir fry very thin strips of vegetables (celery, carrots peppers onions) with fresh garlic and ginger. Add cooked spaghetti, for sauce, chicken stock, wine, soy sauce, pepper, salt (if you like spicy a bit of hot paprika) (sorry no measurements...I just approximate) and a tsp of potato starch, add to mixture, and wait until thick sauce forms.

When I really feel lazy, I dethaw soup from the freezer (always keep split pea, lentil, mushroom barley or veggie soup in my freezer...b'h my husband likes soup even in summer) and serve with baked potatoes!

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:28 pm
Sounds like great ideas. Mimivan, your kids like gevinah levanah |(soft cheese)on noodles?? I never thought of that. I always use yellow cheese. The soup idea sounds great! Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics