Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant car seat

amother
Brown

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:35 pm
I am due iyh in august with my 3rd. I am going to need a new infant seat. I am sonfsr between the graco snugaride and the chicxo keyfit. Anyone have them and can give me ideas if which is better?

smile4

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:09 pm
There are many different versions of the Snugride. Some are better than others. Is there a particular one that you're looking at?

LittleDucky

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:13 pm
Love my key fit 30. It has the higher weight limit than others and the base is easy to install or you can use with a seatbelt. Not as heavy as some of the others but still has good ratings.

But make sure it is compatible with your stroller!

smile4

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:19 pm
The keyfit is a great seat - but I wouldn't say it has a higher weight limit than others. It has a 30 lb weight limit - which is similar to most other seats out there. Be careful though because it also has a 30 inch height limit and requires there to be 1" of shell over the baby's head, so virtually all kids outgrow it by height before weight and many people don't realize that!

twogees

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:30 pm
the chicco keyfit is very heavy (once your kid reaches over 10 lbs) from what I heard from my sil who has it. I have the graco snugride and love it being that its lighter than alot of carseats out there.

the keyfit is 21.2 lbs alone and the graco classic snugride 30 (model I have) is 7.5 lbs. the actual weight I found on my graco was alot more manageable with a growing baby carring in and out of my apartment.

smile4

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:36 pm
Twogees... The keyfit is heavier than the Snugride, but only by a couple of pounds. The weight of the carrier without the base is 9.5 lbs. where did you hear 21.2 lbs???

LittleDucky

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:26 am
twogees wrote:
the chicco keyfit is very heavy (once your kid reaches over 10 lbs) from what I heard from my sil who has it. I have the graco snugride and love it being that its lighter than alot of carseats out there.

the keyfit is 21.2 lbs alone and the graco classic snugride 30 (model I have) is 7.5 lbs. the actual weight I found on my graco was alot more manageable with a growing baby carring in and out of my apartment.

My key fit 30 is nowhere near 21.2 pounds.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 5:46 pm
Those couple of lbs make a big difference when you're postpartum and the seat itself can be heavier than your baby!

That being said, I got the Click Connect 35 with a base that has a dial and there are many positive attributes and I would recommend it in this price point, but I find it "sticks" to the base a lot and it's quite annoying. I had a Combi Connection before and loved it.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:02 pm
Op here. I didn't even realize the snugaride had different models. My last carseat was a babytrend but I hated it. I only have a citimini and dont plan on putting a car seat in it so it doesnt have to be compatible.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:46 pm
I had a snug-ride 22 before and it was fine. My main misgivings were aesthetic, didn't love how it looked.

This time around I went really looking for aesthetics (and ease of use, compatibility). The Chico won me over for really easy smooth buckling, easy attaching and removing from bass, easy to adjust straps and they don't easily tangle. Better than the snugride. And much better than the other "cuter" ones I was considering.

I also went for one with a lower weight limit that's a little lighter, and plain black so how ugly can it be. I'm happy with it.

Drawback: it has a comically useless canopy.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:50 pm
What didn't you like about the one you had? That might better help us recommend new ones.

You can go to stores that have the seats on display and try them out. Lifting them up, putting them on and out of the base, adjusting the straps etc. Bring along 10 or 15 lbs to put in the car seat to compare with a baby.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 9:48 pm
I have to say my first car seat was a Snugride 22 and I do think my current one is a much better model. I personally don't have twisted strap problems, but I see others that do, and I attribute it to not actually making sure the size fits and using it properly each time. 7 months of daily use and no twisting at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics