Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
I am cancer free!!!! And want to give back

BREINDEL1

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:07 pm
I didn't post here for a while, I need your help ladies!

Over a year ago I felt very weak and got some blood work done,the results showed that I have blood cancer I was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma stage 3B cancer. Baruch hasem I am cancer free!!!!

It was very hard in many ways.
As a mother, as a wife and as a person, I was so sick and felt as if my own body turned on me. It's all over now and I am ready to give others

I wear sheitels so many thought I should not worry about losing my hair, but it hurt so bad to lose it. Baruch hasem I had the money to go buy a new sheitel but looking at my bald head made me feel even worst! So I wore my wig as much as I could but it would get tangly fast and needs to be washed more offen! The cost of a wash and set was high and I was too weak and had shakey hands so couldn't do it myself.

At the hospital I met a young girl who had the same cancer I had, I gave her my older sheitel for free, then I met another women and gave her another bob cut wig I had barley used.

There are many wig Gemach In Israel but most charge money!!!
I want to start something new!

I signed up for school and will soon be an official wig stylist, I will wash and set wigs for free for cancer patients.

I would like you to spread the word for me I am located on Jerusalem.

Also I need volunteers here in Israel who can also wash and set wigs for free all around Israel.

I also need wig donations!
I want to visit hospitals around Israel and give wigs to those in need!
Offer wash and set on the spot while they are getting chemo I can use one of the rooms and wash wigs there! Chemo treatment takes time I used to spent 8 hours each time!

Any wig is welcome any condition
Even if it needs a lot of fixing I have a lady here who is willing to fix the wigs for free! Bald spots etc and I want to be able to give those woman and children FREE wigs so need as much help as possible,so any help/donation is welcome, if you can't donate a wig or offer washing please try to offer me some words of advice that will mean a lot to me.

What will I need to run this Gemach?
Any wig salons in your town who might be willing to donate wigs and ship to Israel?
Also can you share with friends about my gemach?
What should I name the Gemach?
Should I open a Facebook account? (I don't use Facebook but if it will help I can ask my Rav )

Thank you for your time!

pickle321

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:27 pm
Wow you are such an amazing person! This is such a huge chessed. I am so glad to hear that BH you are cancer free.

Would a hair donation help you? I am planning to donate my hair soon and would give it to you if it would help you at all.

May Hashem bless you with success and continued health.

losingweight

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:31 pm
Wow! Hashem should grant you many many more healthy years. I am very impressed by the cheesed you will be doing. I can't be of assistance as I am in the US but want to wish you Hatzlocha and the need should quickly disappear with the arrival of moshiach amen

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:32 pm
Boruch Hashem for the great news. I love the idea! Hatzlacha with getting all of the details arranged but don't worry about it if you figure it out as you go along.

You may want to contact one of the established cancer organizations to add yourself to their resource list and help spread the word.

May we always hear good news.

Last edited by youngishbear on Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

BREINDEL1

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:32 pm
pickle321 wrote:
Wow you are such an amazing person! This is such a huge chessed. I am so glad to hear that BH you are cancer free.

Would a hair donation help you? I am planning to donate my hair soon and would give it to you if it would help you at all.

May Hashem bless you with success and continued health.

Thank you for the offer, only thing is I did some homework on making wigs myself, it will cost me 8,900 shekels to learn how to make it myself and right now I can't study so hard

Also if I take the hair to my sisters friend she will charge 1000 per wig making.

So no, but thank you so much! Xo

BREINDEL1

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:33 pm
losingweight wrote:
Wow! Hashem should grant you many many more healthy years. I am very impressed by the cheesed you will be doing. I can't be of assistance as I am in the US but want to wish you Hatzlocha and the need should quickly disappear with the arrival of moshiach amen

Amen! Thank you.

BREINDEL1

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:34 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Boruch Hashem for the great news. I love the idea! Hatzlacha with getting all of the details arranged but don't worry about it if you figure it out as you go along.

You may want to contact one of the established organized organizations to add yourself to their resource list and help spread the word.

That's a great idea! I can do that, also I'll bli neder post an ad at the hospital or paper bli neder.

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:47 pm
youngishbear wrote:

You may want to contact one of the established cancer organizations to add yourself to their resource list and help spread the word.

Agreed. Call Zichron Menachem- I know they work with kids, and do wig donations. I imagine they'd love to add you in for resets and initial styling.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 7:19 pm
So glad to hear the news! Have you tried contacting Chai Lifeline? I think it's called Chayeinu in Israel. Hatzlacha with your endeavor! What a great mitzvah!

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 7:48 pm
Wow, bh so glad to hear! Wishing you continued health and koyach and hatzlacha with the gemach!

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 10:48 pm
I'm so happy to hear good news. Yay for you! BH!!

You are amazing for what you're doing! A incredible mitzva!!

May Hashem help we should all be healthy and happy.

Nechamie

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:40 am
This post brought tears to my eyes. מי כעמך ישראל. May Hashem grant you many more happy and healthy years.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:47 am
I can wash and set, and I can also dye sunbleached hair, or add highlights. I can take out combs, sew in velcro bands, or even convert a full wig into a band wig with the soft velcro grip (I did one for myself and it came out great!) I am experienced in dealing with curly sheitels as well, because that's what I wear.

The one thing I can't do it recut. I'd be a nervous wreck. Confused

I'm in the north of Israel, near Western Galilee Hospital, and nearish to Rambam in Haifa. I don't have a car, so I can't do pick up and drop off, but I'd be happy to be of service if I can.

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:57 am
B"H. IM so happy for you.
May this mitzvah be a great Zechut for you to keep healthy.
May H-SHEM bless you with a long and healthy life, full of strength, vitality, energy, and only happy occasions to share with family and friends.

B"H, DH is also in remission now, B"H, 3 years now. Even as a balding man, it was hard for him to lose his hair. He was embarrassed of his lack of beard and eyebrows. I still remember the day he FaceTime his mom to show her "look mommy I have eyebrows". This from a 45yr old man.

Chazak Ubaruch for wanting to pay it forward. Perhaps you can go to the Sheitel schools and see if they can offer free wash and sets. It's a win win situation the person gets there Sheitel washed and the students get lots of practice under the teacher's tutelage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics