Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Parrot witness

greenfire

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:45 am
interesting story as talking parrot Bud keeps repeating 'don't ___ shoot' - the family thinks he saw their son getting shot - soon we will need parrot witness protection

https://www.yahoo.com/news/can......html

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:14 am
African grays are the smartest parrots out there, and possibly the smartest of all birds. If the bird saw something traumatic happen to his owner, I believe that it could have made enough of an impression that it remembered the sounds in the room.

I remember a story I read in a San Francisco paper once. A man had a parrot, and the cleaning lady opened the window, letting the parrot escape. The guy thought that his parrot was lost forever.

One day he got a phone call from a woman who said "Hi, is this Bob? I think I have your bird." Apparently, the parrot flew into her open window, and said "BEEEEEP! Hi, you've reached Bob, at 555-1212. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll call you right back. BEEEEEEP!"

Bob had left the volume up on his answering machine, and had no idea that his bird was memorizing it. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets