Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does Chemotherapy work?
Previous  1  2  3

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
No doubt. I'm asking why an obvious troll, who willfully violates vahavta lareicha kamocha, is still allowed posting access.

I'd love to see how fast someone would get banned for saying that parents sending their teenagers on mitzvoyim ch'v causes them to go OTD. But telling me that I gave my son autism? That other posters have their kids cancer? Totally fine.

Please don't take it to hard. There will always be idiots around. Clearly , she's one of them. Nothing to do with you !

Haters gonna hate!!!

Hug Hug

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 1:28 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Please don't take it to hard. There will always be idiots around. Clearly , she's one of them. Nothing to do with you !

Haters gonna hate!!!

Hug Hug
Surprised

Agreed. And thank you for the support, but I'm not hurt. I don't value her opinion enough for it to impact me. I am, however, curious as to why she's still given a platform.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 1:40 am
amother wrote:
Surprised

Agreed. And thank you for the support, but I'm not hurt. I don't value her opinion enough for it to impact me. I am, however, curious as to why she's still given a platform.

Perhaps she is a sad and lonely woman, and this website is her only outlet. Shooting Arrow

Yael

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 1:44 am
I haven't been doing nothing. I have handed out warnings and given consequences and been in communication with the user maybe and her previous username as well.
After this thread was started I warned her about never posting agenda pushing posts again.
I prefer not to publicize this kind of thing. Next time you have or anyone else has a concern please pm me privately.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 2:16 am
Yael wrote:
I haven't been doing nothing. I have handed out warnings and given consequences and been in communication with the user maybe and her previous username as well.
After this thread was started I warned her about never posting agenda pushing posts again.
I prefer not to publicize this kind of thing. Next time you have or anyone else has a concern please pm me privately.

Yael,

Thank you for your reply.

The last time I discussed this with a moderator, she opted to take no action. I appreciate your inviting me to reach out to you directly, via PM, if I have future concerns.

Thank you again for clarifying.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 6:30 am
amother wrote:
http://reset.me/story/if-chemotherapy-fails-97-of-the-time-why-do-doctors-recommend-it/

http://www.snopes.com/chemothe.....stle/

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 9:50 am
To the amothers on p.2 who B"H saw success with alt stuff: I think diet can play an important role in health, and cancer too. But along the lines of the poster who said she was advised to try standard care first, let it be complementary, not alternative.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 9:56 am
I have a family member who had cancer as a young child. His parents went to a quack, and got this horrible smelling solution to take orally everyday. His cancer was gone. He also got chemotherapy.

Fast forward to when he hit puberty, he stopped taking the solution, and the cancer returned. The doctors said he needed surgery that would cause him to become paralyzed. His parents convinced him to continue taking the horrible solution, and the cancer was gone by the next visit. No chemotherapy this time.

Like I said, he is a complete quack, but it seems like his stuff helped this boy.

Maybe there are some people who know something, but it is probably 1 in very many.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
No doubt. I'm asking why an obvious troll, who willfully violates vahavta lareicha kamocha, is still allowed posting access.

I'd love to see how fast someone would get banned for saying that parents sending their teenagers on mitzvoyim ch'v causes them to go OTD. But telling me that I gave my son autism? That other posters have their kids cancer? Totally fine.

excuse my ignorance, but what are "mitzvoyim"?

SYA

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 8:34 pm
Mivtzoim is a term used to describe when a Lubavitcher approaches people asking if they're Jewish. The men put on tefillin, ladies offer shabbos candles, and before each yom Tov they give out things connected to that YT. For example, menorah and candles for chanukah, matza for pesach...

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 9:45 pm
SYA wrote:
Mivtzoim is a term used to describe when a Lubavitcher approaches people asking if they're Jewish. The men put on tefillin, ladies offer shabbos candles, and before each yom Tov they give out things connected to that YT. For example, menorah and candles for chanukah, matza for pesach...

Mitzvah campaigns, right?

SYA

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 8:43 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Mitzvah campaigns, right?

Correct. The Lubavitcher Rebbe chose 10 mitzvos which are called the 10 mivtzoim, but the term also refers to people (primarily yeshiva bochurim on Friday afternoon or Erev Yom Tov) approaching others as mentioned in my previous post.

Some of the 10 mivtzoim are: Shabbos candles, kosher, family purity, house with sefarim...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics