Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Need advice . from those parents who have been there

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 3:38 pm
I started training my 2 1/2 yr old and everything went pretty well. At first she was scared to make number 2 in the toilet but now she does it. She is still a little afraid and likes one of us to be there with her.

This past week in school she was waiting to use the bathroom but anohter little girl was in there and she waited for a long timme couldnt hold it in and started peeing on the floor. The teacher handled it great.

She came home that day. peed three time on the floor! on purpose . One time was when she went to the bathroom to make and she did it right near the toilet. And then she also made number 2 in her underwear when she had time out in her room for hitting her brother.

Today I was on the phone she was trying to get my attention she wanted something from the fridge and the call was important I told her one minute. and then she peed on the floor.

I am trying realy hard no to lose patience. Iwent out and got her new stickers as a new incentive. It worked 99 percent of the time today besdies for theone incident above.

Any advice????
dont know what to do. besides for waiting this stage out. which is prob the only way to go

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 5:39 pm
I was just planning on starting a thread that my son is pishing in the living room!
He is potty-trained approx 1/2 a year (since age 2 1/2), except for a slight drawback Pesach time. But lately he pishes (don't mind my language) in the living room...in a bowl, or toy, etc...also a few times on the floor. It's not that he's not toilet trained, because it is only like 1x a day that he does this and he knows what he's doing....
I'm at my wit's end!
I've tried time-outs....I've threatened diapers...
Can someone help me, too??

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 5:52 pm
We tried for over a year, off and on, to train our daughter. She is now 3.5 and is basically trained (please G-D). What finally worked were prizes, and lots of them. I went to a few stores and stocked up on cheap prizes (not more than $1 ea). In the beginning, she got a prize everytime she made. As time went on, we gave only when she asked for the prize. Now, ifs she has an accident, we talk up the prizes again. Stickers did nothing for us, I am not one to give nosh for rewards...but the prizes worked really well.

faigie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 6:07 pm
id ignore the peeing on the floor, and praise to the rafters when she gets it right. ya gotta make it worth their while to do it right.
...just thinking here.............I have an idea
ok this might be a bit of a pain, but id start from scratch again. take the little people to the bathroom every hour on the hour to try. praise um for trying. let them drink a lot so they have what to pish. re-establish the pattern you want, because somehow it went off kilter. so start again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training