Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Full time worker

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:32 pm
hi I will be having my first kid soon any advice on what to do I have a 9-530 job and I dont know if I should continue but I really need the money and another problem I really want to nurse any advice on wat to do

MMEC123

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:42 pm
As far as whether or not you should work, only you can make that decision. If you decide to go back to work and want to nurse you can always pump. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:52 pm
its your decision..
warning: it isnt easy to work full time and be a good mommy too....takes a lot of effort....

mommy86

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 4:53 pm
what do I do if my husband is learning and I really dont have another chouice?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 8:52 pm
#1: you DO have a choice. He can learn only as long as you feel you can support.
And please don't take me to say you shouldn't work. I'm a kollel wife here, too, B"H!~ I'm just saying, you shouldn't feel forced into it. It should be your choice.
Anyhow....just to let you know my situation.
I'm a mom of 2 boys B"H, married almost 4 years and my husband is still in kollel. This is Brooklyn, so kollel doesn't pay much, but it's a little bit.
I work approx. 9-2:30 every day (sorry, not completely full time) as a SEIT therapist. When my kids are young, I do pump. I don't know your job, but during the day you will probably need to take a break about 2 times(every 3-4 hours) to pump. Hopefully your boss will be understanding and you'll have a place to do it. It's great for your baby if you can keep it up! (Basically, you'll try to nurse right before and right after work so you'll miss few feedings as possible).
But if you can't, I know many women who continued to nurse and just supplemented with formula while they were working.
b'sha-ah tova and hatzlocha! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or just want support.

happymom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 10:50 pm
the best thing for a baby is to have thier mommy full time. If there is any way u can survive not working id say dont go back to work. youll look back and smile at those precious moments u shared with ure child.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 1:54 am
I'm expecting #2...#1 is in daycare from 7-4 when DH picks him up. Me not working is not an option, because my DH only brings in about 1500 shekel ($375?) a month, MAXIMUM. (Of course, if it was the other way around I would be a SAHM, because that barely covers the daycare, but anyway.) We have a Na'amat daycare centre next to the building where I work, and I am praying that when #2 arrives I can get him or her a spot there. I would be able to nurse the baby twice a day (entitled to a "nursing hour" that way, and pump the other 2 or 3 feedings. It won't be easy, but it will be doable. With #1 his daycare is close to home, and although I didn't go back until he was 8 months old, I abandoned the pumping after 3 weeks...there just wasn't a good place to do it and I wasn't getting enough to make it worth the effort.

If you have to work, then you'll find a way to make everything balance out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics