Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mastery course- Dina Friedman
1  2  3  Next

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 5:57 pm
A friend of mine is trying to convince me to take Dina Friedman's Mastery course. Anyone did it and could offer feedback?
Thanks!

benny

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 6:50 pm
It is AMAZING!!! A lot of work also. But well worth it.

debsey

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 7:09 pm
How much does it cost?

benny

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 7:55 pm
I did it over a year ago was close to $500.

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 8:58 pm
Another big fan. Amazing. A lot of work, but really worth it. Really helped me develop a stronger sense of self.

debsey

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 10:18 pm
benny wrote:
I did it over a year ago was close to $500.
and for that money, what do you get? Is it just a taped series of lectures, do you get any personal attention or reading material?

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 10:22 pm
When I did it, (started November 2014) there were pre recorded lectures, plus weekly(?) Q & A Sessions. Option for a chavrusa to discuss/review material with. Handbook with very comprehensive course outline

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 10:30 pm
What do you expect to gain from the course, meaning what does she teach here?

benny

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 10:41 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
When I did it, (started November 2014) there were pre recorded lectures, plus weekly(?) Q & A Sessions. Option for a chavrusa to discuss/review material with. Handbook with very comprehensive course outline

Also the live q and a sessions ppl could come on live and ask questions. And you can volunteer for her to work on an exercise with you. Also we were able to call in during the week and leave questions on the line which she answered in the following weeks class.

benny

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
What do you expect to gain from the course, meaning what does she teach here?

Gain Mastery over yourself. Helps you with self esteem, all your relationships, your outlook on life and things that have come up in your life and how to view and handle. It's amazing. I ended up truly seeing that everything in my life is perfect for me. And helps with any hardships that come up.

It does take constant work to keep yourself there. I am listening all over again now to keep me focused.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 11:16 pm
Word of caution: keep your expectations to a reasonable level.

I took the course, really killed myself to get the results I wNted, was on a high foe a while, then ended up crashing and burning.

Gave me clarity but this is not magic. It improved some relationships but I ended up taking responsibility for everyone around me.

Be realistic.

benny

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
Word of caution: keep your expectations to a reasonable level.

I took the course, really killed myself to get the results I wNted, was on a high foe a while, then ended up crashing and burning.

Gave me clarity but this is not magic. It improved some relationships but I ended up taking responsibility for everyone around me.

Be realistic.

I don't get it. A big part of the course is NOT taking responsibility for what's not yours.

It does take upkeep l, work or all your old thinking habits do come back.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 8:30 am
I agree with Benny. I am not sure what Burleywood another is referring to, but I spent a lot of energy on the coursework exploring how focusing on my emotions, feelings, etc impacted myself-- not others.
I gained a deeper understanding of how to separate my issues from others and came to a number of realizations about "letting go" of other people's challenges.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 9:01 am
If it does what it advertises, $500 is cheap. I spent a whole lot more than that in therapy to learn those things.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 9:33 am
wh n I took the course, my expectations were extremely high. The way she presented the first class... Made it sound like it can change everything. It's unfair. And untrue. Life just doesn't work that way. It can't turn your s-xual addict of a husband into a normal functioning spouse. It can't change your abusive mother.

It did give me clarity into the issues I was facing, as well as the strength to take the proper steps. I learned how to rely and trust myself.

For a long time, I kept denying my pain as I kept working through the demartini method, trying to see how all the trauma I went through was for my benefit. I filled up books and books of gratitude, convinced that if I would be filled with gratitude for the things I had I would no longer be bothered by what I didn't have. I didn't allow myself to get up from my seat until I squashed every depressed thought with gratitude. I even took a few days from work so I can properly do the work and have that " breakthrough" she was talking about.

That's all very nice in theory and it worked for a while but eventually my pain caught up with me, as well as the chaos surrounding me and I fell into a deep depression. I'm so burnt out from all the work today, I can't bring myself to do anything.

Any method that requires so much upkeep and work cannot have long lasting benefit. Real change is internal and lasting. And takes time.

It kept me from dealing with the emotional manipulation, because I was convinced thT if only I could change myself, everything around me would as well.

I even had a session with Dina Friedman and she was not very helpful, she didn't quite know what to make of my situation. I went from being a string "chassid " of hers to a very disillusioned disappointed.

This was my personal experience with it. I know others have had a tremendous breakthrough. Perhaps if my life would have been more typical, I wouldn't have had such high expectations from the class. I do beleive that the class can be very eye opening and help you get greater self knowledge.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 9:55 am
Right. So just to be clear, the course is NOT a replacement for therapy.

Look at this way: Let's say you have someone in your life who has a personality disorder.... Let's say narcissist personality disorder. Mastery will help you develop the internal tools to cope with this person, but it's not a replacement for working with a Mental health professional who can give you help in day-to-day living situations, etc....

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:36 am
amother wrote:

I even had a session with Dina Friedman and she was not very helpful, she didn't quite know what to make of my situation. I went from being a string "chassid " of hers to a very disillusioned disappointed.

This was my personal experience with it. I know others have had a tremendous breakthrough. Perhaps if my life would have been more typical, I wouldn't have had such high expectations from the class. I do beleive that the class can be very eye opening and help you get greater self knowledge.

This is what I'm confused about - first of all, I'm sorry you had such a hard time, and I'm glad you're being honest about it so people can make an informed choice. Very gutsy of you!

Here's my confusion - you had a private session with Dina Friedman that was part of the course? Or you paid separately for that? If you paid separately, were you aware that it's not a replacement for therapy? I'm trying to get a handle on what, exactly, people are paying for, and what they are getting.

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:37 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:

Chavrusah is a staff member, or someone taking the class along with you? How many weeks? Trying to help someone decide if it is a worthwhile investment for her.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:45 am
a chavrusa is another woman who is taking the course. You speak on the phone and review the course, discuss any challenges that arise implementing the tools, questions about the material. the chavrusa is optional, but worthwhile!

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:55 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
a chavrusa is another woman who is taking the course. You speak on the phone and review the course, discuss any challenges that arise implementing the tools, questions about the material. the chavrusa is optional, but worthwhile!

And how many weeks is the course?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics