Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Design alive

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 1:43 pm
does anyone have any experience with design alive? I'm specifically interested in interior design but any other course feedback would be appreciated. how intense are their courses? I currently have a full time job and was wondering if I can juggle it. also, do they help with job placement at the end? I have no experience in this field (currently have secretarial job) but have been dreaming about in forever. tia.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 12:17 pm
anyone?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 1:20 pm
Yes, I have had experience with them. I did computer graphics and graphic design, and then a short course in web design. I found it extremely professional- the teachers really knew their stuff- and pretty intense. I was working half-day and found I couldn't keep up. Another course I had a baby in the middle and again, couldn't keep up. You have to be pretty motivated to really stick to it, and actually do all the work, but it's totally worth it- the people who really put in the effort are all doing really today. They send out emails about job offers which have really helped me. Have a look at their website for examples.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I have had experience with them. I did computer graphics and graphic design, and then a short course in web design. I found it extremely professional- the teachers really knew their stuff- and pretty intense. I was working half-day and found I couldn't keep up. Another course I had a baby in the middle and again, couldn't keep up. You have to be pretty motivated to really stick to it, and actually do all the work, but it's totally worth it- the people who really put in the effort are all doing really today. They send out emails about job offers which have really helped me. Have a look at their website for examples.

Hatzlacha!

thanks for the feedback. I have I kid and am due in jan. I was wondering how I'll be able to juggle it.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 6:36 pm
I did the interior design course
The auto cad program had an excellent teacher.
The design part, I learned a lot but I believe there are better teachers out there .
In general I was happy with the course.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
I did the interior design course
The auto cad program had an excellent teacher.
The design part, I learned a lot but I believe there are better teachers out there .
In general I was happy with the course.

did you have any prior experience? did you use this to start off a career are just to enhance? im still waiting for a reply from them, was wondering how much it will run me?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 9:39 pm
I did it for starters and that's all it really is. Most importantly you have to get out there and get some experience
I'm going to work for an architect now and hopefully be able to start on my own when I'm ready.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
I did it for starters and that's all it really is. Most importantly you have to get out there and get some experience
I'm going to work for an architect now and hopefully be able to start on my own when I'm ready.

did you get this job thru them? were they helpful with your search?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 10:29 pm
Yes I got it through them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics