Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
How do twins feel in the womb?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 1:36 pm
I am not pregnant with twins, just curious how being pregnant with twins feel different from a singleton...

Teomima

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 3:47 pm
Having done both, in my experience it wasn't that different, but everything was "more." More heartburn, more exhaustion, more movement, more kicks. And obviously I was a lot bigger with the twins! It was neat because with them, squeezed in a smaller space, I could almost always tell who was where, whereas with my singleton I had no idea what she was up to in there.

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 3:50 pm
As one of triplets I recall it being warm and cozy although it would of been nice if they'd give me more privacy and space. All in all it was a great experience

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 4:14 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
As one of triplets I recall it being warm and cozy although it would of been nice if they'd give me more privacy and space. All in all it was a great experience

You crack me up as always!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 4:18 pm
My mother A"H had a friend who found out she was having twins...on the delivery table. This was pre-ultrasound days. Guess the pg wasn't that different!

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 5:22 pm
JMM-uc wrote:

Rolling Laughter

UnFarvosNischt

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 5:52 pm
I'm a twin and my mother told me that with us she learned left and right "in her skin". I mean that before she knew where right and left were but it wasn't natural. After she had us, it became natural in her head!
She also had a really good pregnancy, not worse than her singletons.

SS6099

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 6:47 pm
Being pregnant with twins literally feels like two babies inside. However, an added part is that you literally feel like your whole kishkes are taken up by these babies! No room to breathe lol. And the kicking effect is adorable lol as well!
All in all I was a nervous wreck until they were born.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:35 pm
Adorable was NOT the case for me and my kickers. Chananiah cracked my ribs (transverse way up top) and Reena effaced my cervix FAR too early (I was on strict bedrest for 10 weeks, modified bedrest for 5 weeks before that). IUGR too so I had to have a scheduled C section early.

We had named them in our minds weeks in advance, and since these were our first kids we could refer to them by name to each other around the house---- oy, Chananiah got me again----- Reena is hiccuping--- so that was cool--- I DEFINITELY knew who was where since I had an insane number of ultrasounds (if I knew then what I know now I would have cut WAY back on ultrasounds---- they insisted it was such a high risk pregnancy and I knew nothing then).

They're 9 now and still like to cause me trouble. Smile

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 7:26 am
I'm 11 weeks pregnant with twins. So far it doesn't feel much different then my singleton. I definitely feel my uterus already which I doubt I felt this early with my singleton.
The symptoms are not any worse then with 1. Maybe a bit more exhaustion, or maybe I just forgot how tiring it is.

For anyone who had two of the same gender, how did you decide which baby to call which name?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Teomima

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 8:14 am
amother wrote:

For anyone who had two of the same gender, how did you decide which baby to call which name?

When I found out I was pregnant, I had thought of a girl and a boy's name. So Baby A got the girl's name, then we chose another for Baby B.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 8:54 am
Twins were my first so can't compare it to a singleton. The pregnancy was surprisingly smooth till the last 6 weeks. That's when I suddenly had trouble moving from one place to another and became super uncomfortable. Definitely tons more doctor appointments and ultrasounds. Recovery for me was the pits..... Couldn't walk normally for months. BH all is good now Smile

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 5:13 pm
JMM-uc wrote:

there are 3 of you ?!?!?! multiplicity Clown Mr. Green Colors

Miri7

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 5:34 pm
I had more of everything during my twin pregnancy - more heartburn, double the morning sickness (I didn't have much at all with the other pregnancies), I felt a lot more run down and tired. And I was thirstier than with the other two. They also took up a lot more space, so there was a lot more pressure on my bladder and very little breathing room left. I was also huge - my belly was enormous, though I think that I gained less additional weight on my body than in other pregnancies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more