Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Be'er Hagolah Institute

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:36 pm
Does anyone send there or know anyone who does? I'm considering this school for one child and I was very happy when I met with them, but I have no first hand information about the environment or quality of education.

Anyone have input?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 2:49 pm
That's the Brooklyn school for Russians right?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 3:43 pm
amother wrote:
That's the Brooklyn school for Russians right?

It caters largely to a Russian crowd.

We're not Russian, but the school seems to have a lot of the elements that would help this particular child thrive. I can only judge from what I see on their website and heard from them directly, and was hoping to get some information from another source as well.

L K

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 7:17 pm
I had a nephew there last year. You can pm me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 7:25 pm
I worked there and might be able to help you. What specifics would you like to know?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
I worked there and might be able to help you. What specifics would you like to know?

I was wondering how was the quality of their secular education, and also, how are the classrooms managed? They seem to put a big emphasis on the whole child and social emotional learning; does this result in a friendly, caring environment? My dd is coming from an environment where a lot of the students didn't want to learn and disrupt class all day long, but instead of it being addressed, the teacher didn't teach and subsequently told the kids they had to learn the curriculum on their own at night. Also there is name-calling galore in her current school, and the response from the administration has generally been "deal with it."

This child has a very tough exterior, but really just wants to feel loved and wanted, and needs a school that will be understanding of her emotional hangups. Additionally, she needs to be challenged academically, but supported in certain areas because of her lack of instruction this past year.

L K

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 10:16 pm
Pm me I'll tell you what I know.

library

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 1:55 pm
Hello,
Im considering sending my 10 year old and 14 year old sons to Be'er hagolah. However, Im not sure if its a good school for boys in terms of discipline. Saw some negative reviews on google. Can anyone help me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics