Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Did u tell?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:58 am
Hi all, did you tell ur parents and in laws that you are expecting twins ? If yes, when?
On one hand I want to for sure tell my parents ( I waited a while for this prgncy)
On other hand nervous to say anything to anyone ....

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
Hi all, did you tell ur parents and in laws that you are expecting twins ? If yes, when?
On one hand I want to for sure tell my parents ( I waited a while for this prgncy)
On other hand nervous to say anything to anyone ....

There are twins in my and dh's families. Our parents were told, because the couple needed support. One sil had a really hard pregnancy. The siblings were not told at all, it was a surprise every time.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:51 am
I'm pregnant with twins and we don't plan to tell anyone.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:04 pm
I'm not pregnant nor do I have twins but I'm genuinely asking: what's the reason for not telling?

theleithouse

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:06 pm
Where is a good place to go

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:36 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I'm not pregnant nor do I have twins but I'm genuinely asking: what's the reason for not telling?

I think it would be the most amazing surprise Smile

No other reason.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:18 pm
theleithouse wrote:

Huh?

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 2:09 pm
I told them that I was having twins only when I was in labor in the hospital. My mother was very insulted because people didn't stop asking her if she knew it was twins. It was very below her dignity that she didn't know since the beginning.
The reason I didn't tell is because I didn't feel comfortable with everybody knowing and asking me questions and being busy with it.

rzab

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 2:22 pm
We told our parents and inlaws and were planning on leaving it at that.
We also told an uncle who was a high risk ob-gyn, who accidentally blurted it out to half the family on Pesach (it was a long yuntiff).
After that we kept it to just the family, but I a little bit regretted it, especially after I was put on bed rest. Sometimes it takes more energy to keep a secret. If I had to go back and do it again, I would just tell people.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 3:46 pm
I didn't know, so I couldn't tell. Made it much easier!

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 3:53 pm
Just curious - how did you not know? Did you go to an OB for regular check-ups? Did he/she just miss something like this?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 4:47 pm
My close friend lived in another state so our communication was only via phone. She was pregnant with her third and couldn't seem to get it together. Bathing her other kids was too hard. She need to find a live in and fast. I couldn't figure out why she was so kvetchy-- as I had just had my third and was managing just fine.
Imagine my surprise when her husband called and said, "Mazal Tov, it's a boy . . . and a girl!"

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:09 pm
doctorima wrote:
Just curious - how did you not know? Did you go to an OB for regular check-ups? Did he/she just miss something like this?

I went to midwives.

I wasn't measuring much bigger than usual, maybe 1-2 cm, and didn't really have any other unusual symptoms. One was apparently behind the other, so palpation didn't pick up on anything.

I don't do routine ultrasound.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 8:35 pm
theleithouse wrote:

This is an international website, you need to be more specific.

pointyshoes

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:04 pm
I dont have twins but I always think that I wouldn't say just because it would be so awesome to shock everyone! And I usually carry quite small so people would just think 'oh it finally caught up with her!'

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:14 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
I dont have twins but I always think that I wouldn't say just because it would be so awesome to shock everyone! And I usually carry quite small so people would just think 'oh it finally caught up with her!'

I keep playing the scene over in my mind. My DH calling/texting parents and saying its twins. I really don't want to give up on that surprise I think it would be amazing!
Of course if I end up on bed rest or need extra help and it becomes obvious then I guess we will tell.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 7:56 am
Told parents and inlaws at around 7 months...needed to start going to the dr. More frequently at that point figured theyd want to know why...everyone else was completely shocked when I gave birth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more