Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Flatbush, any frum people past Flatbush ave?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 12:51 pm
In the areas of avenues j and up? (flatlands-marine park)

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 2:38 pm
Not right across Flatbush Ave as far as I know , but farther out there is of course Mill Basin. We definitely need to get across Flatbush Ave more ! I'll
join you if you get a crowd Very Happy

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 5:49 pm
was just wondering the same... the housing situation here is insane:(

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 8:53 pm
I'm trying to think "out of the box", so we could afford to stay in flatbush. I remember like 10 years ago, when a family member moved to new york avenue, everyone thought they were out of their minds and now it's full of frum people. Any chance flatbush will continue to expand past flatbush avenue?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 9:16 pm
There's a chance but if you want to move now, you'd be a pioneer. And I think crossing Flatbush avenue is a bigger deal than Nostrand , It's really a whole different neighborhood. But I am pulling my hair out in frustration over the Brooklyn housing situation!!!!! It's absolutely crazy !! What will all the renters do when it's time to move on ?? And yes I know moving out of Bklyn is a possibility , talking to those who can't move out for whatever reason ..

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:06 pm
It should be done! There are great houses there!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:03 pm
Bumping this cuz I am so overwhelmed with house hunting in Bklyn ! Anyone taking the leap across Flatbush Ave ? If not where are we all going ? 😬😬😬😬😬

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:26 pm
I'm in same predicament and feel with you. Hugs.
My elderly landlady moved on to a nursing home and her children sold the house.
I have to be out in two months.
Saw an apartment at the edge of Flatbush Ave and was terrified, so didn't take it. It's not that I'm racist, it's just that I have been a victim of street crime, as has one of my children (my daughter had her cellphone snatched out of her hand when she walked on the border of a neighborhood well inhabited by blacks)
Our experiences have led me to seek safer places.
I am torn: do I rent an apt on a street where my stress hormones will be constantly pumping, or do I allow the sheriff to put me out on the street in two months?
Wishing for a satisfactory resolution

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:33 pm
For all you people frustrated with the crazy housing prices in Flatbush and feel the need to consider moving to the other side of flatbush ave, what kind of prices do you expect there? Once your considering moving to an area where you won't be walking distance to family, won't be that close to shul, probably a good bus ride to yeshiva, why not consider the 5 towns? Sure there are many fancy shmancy people here who live in million dollar homes, but both cedarhurst and woodmere have houses in the mid 500's. If you would consider inwood you can get an even better deal. Frum area, all different types of people, larger property, many shuls, supermarkets, and restaurants. I think it's definitely worth thinking about if you are considering the other side of flatbush Ave.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:37 pm
Appreciate your input ! We are pretty simple people and honestly can't imagine feeling comfortable in the 5 towns ... Maybe I'm being "racist" lol

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:05 pm
I would consider Five Towns if I could find a landlord who would accept Section 8.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries