Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Final page of family photobook - what to put there?

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:15 pm
I've been working on a family photobook for a while now, and I'm down to a single page -- the final page that faces the [plain] inside of the back cover.

The book starts with my kids ("ex. we are brothers") then moves out to include parents (ex. "We live with our Mommy and Tatty in Anytown, USA"), my parents and siblings (ex. "Mommy's parents are our Bubby and Zeidy. They live in Honolulu, Hawaii."), my husband's parents and siblings, my kids' aunts/uncles & first cousins, etc.

I really wanted to put a family tree on that page, but B"H if I want to include every name, including all of my first cousins, it's 58 people. And no matter how hard I try -- and I've been at it for 3 weeks -- I can't get everyone onto a single page. Yiddishe nachas, but it looks like that's not an option.

The front and back covers are already collages of 10-15 pictures each, so I wouldn't put another collage in that area.

Any ideas for what I can put on that last page?

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:18 pm
I like playing around with pictures, I'd be willing to try and help you with the family tree if you want.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:21 pm
A personal letter from you to the family who will be receiving this album? Anything that is relevant, or not, to the photos or family or Yiddish nachas as you say, etc.

Last edited by Maya on Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

OutATowner

If it's for you, then put a picture of your family (dh and kids). Or a picture taken from behind with your family walking holding hands.
If it is for someone else, then a letter or poem with a border of faces from the album.
or leave it blank and put your kids handprints in when you get it.

trixx

Just wordart - a nice family quote? On like scrapbook kind of background, with some stickers. Try Google family wordart freebie from free vector or digital scrapbook ING sites

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:29 pm
The book is for my nuclear family (I.e. living in my house), and written from my kids' POV.
I'll probably print an extra copy for my parents, though.

I have one professional photo of my nuclear family (from another event, we haven't taken professional photos in years), and it's already in the book. So no "walking away from the camera" photo unless you want later kids missing Smile

Family quotes are usually cheesy. I don't want a "live laugh love" or "family is life's greatest blessing" type thing...

Quotes from my kids + handprints is a cute idea. Maybe I'll have them do that today as a "keep them occupied while I just try to survive and keep fasting" activity.

polka dots

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:50 pm
How about a page thats passed around and everyone who's in the album signs there name? you can use different color gel pens so it will look nice and be meaningful.

polka dots

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:51 pm
polka dots wrote:
How about a page thats passed around and everyone who's in the album signs there name? you can use different color gel pens so it will look nice and be meaningful.

ETA maybe have one large quote or Marilyn pic in the center and have signatures around

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 8:09 pm
polka dots wrote:

I wish I lived close enough to all my relatives to make this happen, but even the closest non-nuclear family members are an 8-hour drive away.

I can't count on (a) trying to mail around a single piece of paper to all the branches to sign and send on to the next branch, like a chain letter or (b) asking everyone to digitally scan their signature and email it to me...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art