Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Fixing a cracked screen on ipad or phone lead to problems?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 2:46 pm
So I just had my 4th experience of paying to have a cracked screen repaired. All 4 repairs were done by different people on different devices. In ALL 4 instances the device wasn't working 100% properly after the repair. The problem usually involves the keyboard not functioning properly. Have I just had bad luck with this? I'd like people to respond who've fixed a cracked screen and tel me if they experienced issues after.

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 3:33 pm
I've had it done a few times with no resulting problems. We have an ipad that is about 6 years old and still going strong, my husband replaced the screen himself when it cracked. (bought on ebay)

But dropping the phone might have caused other issues.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 4:12 pm
Cracked screens should function properly after repair. If they don't, I would have gone back to the repair facility and complained.

And I don't mean this in a snarky way, but if you have broken four screens, perhaps you should invest in a good case. I don't baby my iPhone at all and it has occasionally dripped from the coffee table without problems and I have a pretty light weight case. Not Otter quality at all.

Mine is a cheap silicone with no front protection. Probably the best part is that the silicone makes it easy to hold securely and also if I place on the table, it doesn't slide easily off uniess really pushed. The screen is slightly below the case so even if it lands on the front in a fall, there is some degree of shock absorption by the case since the screen itself doesn't hit the floor.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 4:24 pm
Yes both phones that we changed screens for ended up not working properly after that .

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 4:33 pm
maybe you did more than crack the screen Idea
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics