Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
We've Got Annie

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 1:30 am
Did anyone watch this? It's another zir chemed production. I wanna know if it pays to buy it.

Bored

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 2:30 am
I watched half, its really good Smile

bashinda

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 10:04 am
from the description I got from someone it sounded just like the non jewish movie. Is there any content of it that has anythingn to do with yiddishkeit? I'll admit though that when I was around 10 I once dressed up like Annie! We made a special dress and everything.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 10:48 am
A1!!!
the best of all their shows!!
its worth to buy it, this girl who plays Annie is the cutest!!!

bashinda

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 5:56 pm
Can anyone answer my question if this is just the same story as the non jewish show but with Jewish actors or if it has some Jewish message to it? I personally had my fill of Annie when I wasn't frum and don't need to watch it again but would consider getting it for DD if it had Jewish messages.

Sunangel

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 6:19 pm
Annie has an extrmley Jewish message..."Think good and it will be good." There's a lot of good in the world, dont throw it out becuase it is not Jewish.

bashinda

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 6:51 pm
so Annie sings a song called "Traucht Gut Vet Zein Gut"? or the same old Annie songs? If it's the same songs and the same story without any changes I'm not interested personally.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 9:22 pm
bashinda, I haven't watched this yet but in Miri Pops In (Read: Mary Popins!) or in Oliver Twist.... the songs were more or less the same but they tried to add Jewish themes.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 9:55 pm
It sounds like it's prob. cute for kids.

tweety99

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 6:01 pm
its the best one theyv done so far! its really good!

bashinda

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 8:09 pm
sounds nice, but for the same money I'd rather have Jewish songs. there's so much good material out there (chassidic stories, biographies of important people like can you imagine a production on the beginning of Beis Yaakov?) why do they need to use oliver twist, mary poppins and annie?

marroon

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 6:01 am
It was the same songs and same theme as the movie, except that Annie was a Jewish orphan who's parents had to give her to be hidden by a butcher or something before they got transported in the holocaust. 'Lady Warbucks' is Jewish ("I keep shabbos and everything") but nothing in the story line is really changed b/c of it. I liked it for the entertainment value, didn't think it had much deep hashkafa to offer, besides what is already there in the story (about positivity, etc).

And yes, the girl who plays Annie is a cutie.

bashinda

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 6:37 am
thanks for the info. I'm still kind of surprised why they didn't choose a story from a Jewish source, there's so many out there that would be appropriate. Sounds like something I wouldn't be interested in at all. Maybe if I didn't know about the original story it would be different.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 8:46 am
where can I get this dvd? is that title, "weve got annie"?

3Qts

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 8:59 am
www.mostlymusic.com

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 10:05 am
Friends of Zir Chemed is a group of women who put up a play every year, the proceeds going to Zir chemed, an organization that helps coupes in Israel strugging with infertility. They take broadway plays and change the storyline around slightly to make it Jewish. Bashinda, it's easier this way because they dont have to compose a new story with new songs! These women are mothers of large families, where would they have time to come up with a new script?

Does anyone have any info on the adorable Annie? Her name is Shevy dinner.

cdawnr

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 10:12 am
Mama Bear wrote:
They take broadway plays and change the storyline around slightly to make it Jewish. Bashinda, it's easier this way because they dont have to compose a new story with new songs! These women are mothers of large families, where would they have time to come up with a new script?

Ok, I just saw the ad for these this morning and I was actually appalled.

Please, please, please someone tell me that they have permission and copyright for making these changes/remakes! (I haven't had time to research, like I said just saw an ad for it in a mag I was reading on the bus.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics