Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do my fitted sheets disappear to?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 4:35 pm
I've been trying to reorganize my linen closet and I have tons of sets with just a pillow case and a top sheet!! I don't know where all the fitted sheets go. Anyone with the same problem?

Also, I have a deep, narrow linen closet. Only two shelves with a big space between them. Any ideas for how to redesign? I could add shelves but I'm really bad at hardware stuff.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:26 pm
That's odd. Are they buried somewhere in your linen closet? Or have you thrown them out? I find that fitted sheets get worn out faster than the rest of the set.

In terms of organizing: http://blog.qualitybath.com/ba.....acks/

(Anon cuz I work for that company Wink )

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 6:21 pm
Its not really your question but I store sheets by stuffing everything you need for the bed (mattress protector, top and bottom sheet) together into the pillowcase. Then when you need to make the bed you just pull out one bundle and you are set.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 7:06 pm
Stuffing everything into a pillow case is a brilliant idea.
amother aqua, I love that page, just need to figure out what works with our space.

I guess my first step is to throw out all those partial sets and start over... Sad

I think most likely that's what happened--the fitted sheets wore out and we were left with all those top sheets. Funny because we moved recently and I thought I packed only intact sets.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
Stuffing everything into a pillow case is a brilliant idea.
amother aqua, I love that page, just need to figure out what works with our space.

I guess my first step is to throw out all those partial sets and start over... Sad

I think most likely that's what happened--the fitted sheets wore out and we were left with all those top sheets. Funny because we moved recently and I thought I packed only intact sets.

If you have full sets of duvets and shams and are only missing the fitted sheets, you may want to purchase solid fitted sheets in coordinating colors and continue to use your current linen sets.
When our fitted sheets wear out we purchase news ones that coordinate.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
If you have full sets of duvets and shams and are only missing the fitted sheets, you may want to purchase solid fitted sheets in coordinating colors and continue to use your current linen sets.

A similar idea is to purchase patterned duvet covers at discount or outlet stores then buy solid sheets and pillowcases.
Sew a trim or ribbon around the pillowcase to make it more set-like.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:33 am
ra_mom wrote:

I don't buy duvet covers, I usually buy bed-in-a-bag. Buying solid fitted sheets is a great idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics