Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Mishpacha printed photos of women in their magazine
1  2  3  4  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 10:56 pm
Anyone notice the Jewish Mothers of Laniado Hospital Cook-Off ad on page 33 of the Family First? Personally, I couldn't care less, but as it's against their policy, I imagine it was an oversight, and expect to see a notice in next week's edition apologizing for the error... Thoughts?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 10:57 pm
Applause

Hope it wasn't an oversight!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:02 pm
I stopped subscribing to all the frummie magazines except Zman because they won't print pics of women (Zman is targeted to males so it bothers me less).

Any chance it's a policy change?

cnc

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:03 pm
I was surprised especially since there was a feature about Reb. Schachter in the same issue that only had pictures of her husband, therefore I am assuming it must have been in error.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:12 pm
They already printed a picture of a woman actually - totally by accident, a few years ago.

Of all women - it was a model. Wink

I think it was an article about advertising, and as I do graphics, I looked at all the advertisements they displayed quite thoroughly. And lo and behold, in an advertisement for Sherwin Williams paint, there was a picture of a model. I found it quite amusing.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:17 pm
cnc wrote:
I was surprised especially since there was a feature about Reb. Schachter in the same issue that only had pictures of her husband, therefore I am assuming it must have been in error.

Exactly my thoughts!

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:10 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Anyone notice the Jewish Mothers of Laniado Hospital Cook-Off ad on page 33 of the Family First? Personally, I couldn't care less, but as it's against their policy, I imagine it was an oversight, and expect to see a notice in next week's edition apologizing for the error... Thoughts?

Jewish mothers?
Cooking?
Raising money for a hospital?

For shame! I thought this was a family publication!
Tongue Out

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:40 am
They may be contemplating a need for a policy change. If there's a woman in the White House, will they show pictures of her husband?

chmom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:15 am
About time. I sincerely hope it wasn't a mistake but deliberate.
Hooray Applause

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:17 am
If Mishpacha — specifically Family First, their women's section — were to start printing women's pics while Ami and Binah continued not to, what would happen? Banning by certain groups? Increased circulation?

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:24 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
If Mishpacha — specifically Family First, their women's section — were to start printing women's pics while Ami and Binah continued not to, what would happen? Banning by certain groups? Increased circulation?

Increased circulation among some, while decreased among others.

Good question about the other magazines. My theory is that they would not do the same, but perhaps try to market themselves to those who would stop buying the Mishpacha because of the photos.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:43 am
Maya wrote:

Good question about the other magazines. My theory is that they would not do the same, but perhaps try to market themselves to those who would stop buying the Mishpacha because of the photos.

The Binah, perhaps. But the Ami marketing themselves to a crowd too frum for a Mishpacha with female pictures? Can't see that happening unless those people are really one track minded.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:11 am
They had the same ad previously without the pictures.
Either it was a mistake, or they want reaction. So react. The editor's just an email away.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
The Binah, perhaps. But the Ami marketing themselves to a crowd too frum for a Mishpacha with female pictures? Can't see that happening unless those people are really one track minded.

Whom are you referring to by "those people"?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:28 am
What really irks me is when, like this wk, a rebbetzin passes away and theres no pics. A model is one thing, but an ultra-tznius tzadekes?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:36 am
Maya wrote:
Whom are you referring to by "those people"?

People who would stop buying Mishpacha if they featured images of women.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
People who would stop buying Mishpacha if they featured images of women.

Thanks for clarifying.
A lot of such people exist. They are deathly afraid for their husbands and sons.

hotmom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:41 am
It's a woman's magazine, so honestly I question why they don't put in pics of woman when writing an article about them, especially the great woman. Why is it only men?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:11 am
Maya wrote:
Thanks for clarifying.
A lot of such people exist. They are deathly afraid for their husbands and sons.

They may exist, but what will be a substitute for Mishpacha?

Binah is for women.

Ami has crossed way too many lines for many of these people to consider buying it.

Will there be a new no-women magazine?

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:15 am
Maya wrote:
Thanks for clarifying.

I just can't wrap my head around a women's magazine printing tznius pictures of a rebetzin because of fears that their own family members will m@sturbate to it. I just can't.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room