Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do temps get paid?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:12 am
how much do temps get paid for office work?

located in monsey

also I know their system and products..

whats the going rate?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:54 am
I would say the same as the person you are temping for?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:24 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
I would say the same as the person you are temping for?

hmm.. I dont know how much their getting paid.. and this isnt a job im thrilled to do.. so it needs to be worth it for me.. I would think temps get paid more no?

I did do a temp job a couple years ago and got paid significantly more then the person I took over..

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 12:47 pm
amother wrote:
hmm.. I dont know how much their getting paid.. and this isnt a job im thrilled to do.. so it needs to be worth it for me.. I would think temps get paid more no?

I did do a temp job a couple years ago and got paid significantly more then the person I took over..

So then don't take the job?
This is so wrong IMO. You should only take a job especially as a temp, that you are happy to do. Especially if you think you should be making more than they pay any other person in that position, because if you like the job you give it your all. If you don't, well then don't take it and definitely don't ask for more than they would pay the person in that position regularly.

Moving on, when I temped I got the paycheck instead of the girl I was temping for. With one short term temp job the person I took over for paid me from his paycheck (and obviously deducted some). I was fine with that because it was temp and I needed the money.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:03 pm
I had a temp job through a local Jewish agency last year and got a flat rate for the whole week. It turned into a permanent position and that is about what I make net a week.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:43 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
So then don't take the job?
This is so wrong IMO. You should only take a job especially as a temp, that you are happy to do. Especially if you think you should be making more than they pay any other person in that position, because if you like the job you give it your all. If you don't, well then don't take it and definitely don't ask for more than they would pay the person in that position regularly.

Moving on, when I temped I got the paycheck instead of the girl I was temping for. With one short term temp job the person I took over for paid me from his paycheck (and obviously deducted some). I was fine with that because it was temp and I needed the money.

if im up front with them that im less then thrilled to do it, do u still feel its wrong?

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:47 pm
To be honest, a temp usually has much less experience then the person they are taking over for so to get paid more then the permanent employee may not be realistic. They have been doing their job a lot longer then the person who is filling in. Most employers take a loss when they hire a temp.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:52 pm
mha3484 wrote:
To be honest, a temp usually has much less experience then the person they are taking over for so to get paid more then the permanent employee may not be realistic. They have been doing their job a lot longer then the person who is filling in. Most employers take a loss when they hire a temp.

that is not the case here, I know the work, I can do it efficiently... it will not be a loss for them.. itll be the opposite bec the work will get done efficiently without them having to train in someone new and inexperienced until the reg employee comes back

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
if im up front with them that im less then thrilled to do it, do u still feel its wrong?

I never said I think it is wrong I just don't think it is right. It is a grey area for me but then again I have had a lot of bad experiences on both sides of the boat in regards to employees not enjoying a job.

I still don't think you can ask for more than they pay the person who regularly works that job. That is not how temp positions go.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 11:22 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

This is so wrong IMO.

I was quoting this Smile

they need someone to do the job.. ill be upfront that I would rather not do it, and theyll ask me to do it anyways...

I dont know how much the person who does it usually gets paid. shes not hiring me.

if they pay me $25 an hour, ill do it happily Smile I need the $$ but it needs to be worth it

im just not sure if thats asking too much.. it will only be a few hrs a week

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:57 pm
bump.

I honestly dont know where to get info from
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics