Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Recipe for saute'ed liver

ilovegod

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:41 am
Anyone have a recipe. I want it soft and tasty

m+m

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:23 pm
250 grams grilled chicken liver (about 9oz) Oil for sautéing
1 large onion
3 hardboiled eggs
Garlic powder- bunch of shakes
About 2-3 Tablespoons brown sugar
Saute onions in lots of oil. When golden add livers, saute a few minutes. Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend with immersion blender

sky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:28 pm
Saute 2 larges onions sliced into thin circles in oil.
Add diced kashered chicken liver - I like to add it when starting to saute the onions because we like the liver well done and how it tastes cooking with the onions, but if you add it once the onions are sauteed it will stay softer.
Cook until onions are very soft.

Add:
salt
pepper or montreal steak seasoning
garlic pepper
onion powder

brown sugar
soy sauce or teriyaki sauce

cook slightly longer until brown sugar and soy sauce caramelizes the onions slightly.

newface34

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:38 pm
Boil 3 eggs. Peal and set to side

Saute 1 large onion on medium heat
When translucent and slightly brown add chopped up liver. When cooked lower right flame and add the 3 eggs mashed.
Add
Mayor
Salt
Pepper
Sugar

Mix. Turn off flame.

The best. I always get compliments on it.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 2:03 pm
OP, we're assuming you want it ground. If so, I've found that if I caramelize the onions the liver will be softer.
If not, I have an older relative who makes marvelous soft sautéed liver. I don't think I can get an actual recipe. I think she fries the onions, long and soft, then tosses in the liver (chicken) and adds water and simmers.

ez-pass

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 2:24 pm
I use 1 or 2 eggs

Onions
Liver
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Honey

Ground eggs and liver together.
If u don't watch it ground u can leave out eggs and u can also chop liver in small pieces if you want.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 3:44 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
OP, we're assuming you want it ground. If so, I've found that if I caramelize the onions the liver will be softer.
If not, I have an older relative who makes marvelous soft sautéed liver. I don't think I can get an actual recipe. I think she fries the onions, long and soft, then tosses in the liver (chicken) and adds water and simmers.

We do sauteed liver, and dont chop it.

Sautee sliced onions, add brown sugar and caramelize.
Season the liver with salt pepper garlic powder
Add the liver to the pan, with some soy sauce and paprika. Let it cook for a bit, not too long or the liver will be overcooked.

sky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 3:54 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
We do sauteed liver, and dont chop it.

I was starting to think I was the only one. They like it not chopped and no eggs in my house.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 4:03 pm
We caramelize thin rings of sliced onion low and slow then season very generously with salt and pepper. Add cut pieces of broiled liver (I try to choose packages that are not overdone). Reseason if necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey