Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where to go on vacation

baseballmom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 8:07 pm
DH and I are looking to go away together for about 4 days - kids will be at my parents for an exciting vacation at Bubbe and Zeide's. Only problem is we can't decide where to go. Want something that is within 4 hours drive of NYC, that is quiet and relaxing, and clean. Any suggestions? That aren't an absolute fortune?

bluesclues

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 8:09 pm
lake george

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:10 pm
niagara falls, about 6 hours drive, hotels are surprisingly cheap, lots to see and do. You can research it further online.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:37 pm
vegas

batya_d

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:50 pm
cindy324 wrote:
niagara falls, about 6 hours drive, hotels are surprisingly cheap, lots to see and do. You can research it further online.

Did you have to bring your own kosher food?

MOM222

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:59 pm
I would go to monsey/teaneck /park ridge/ paramus area. Lots of business hotels, good kosher food, shopping.

Or Drive down to baltimore/washington.

I hate going away on vacations that I have to take with food. It defeats the whole idea of a vacation.

Esther01

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:08 pm
newport, Rode Island, it is so relaxing, beautiful, just a perfect place for a couple vacation.
you can always drive to providence (about 45 minute drive) for kosher food.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 6:02 am
Lancaster County, PA. The Amish are delighful, scenery beautiful, shopping, museums, mini-golf.. a lot to do. In the City of Lancaster there is kosher food and a minyan (15-20 mins away). I think Chabad has a new bed and breakfast there, too.

brooklyn

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 7:29 am
amother wrote:
vegas

Hey I love Vegas too, but that is a four hour flight, not a four hour drive.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:09 am
Listen to me..... If yu want to have a great great time and enjoy every minute go to....VAGAS..... nothing beats that,..... if you dont want to travel far... you can go to the poconos.... thats about a 3 hour drive. (depends from where.)
Can go to Atlantic City also cool and fun...
Can go to parsipny nj.... a hilton hotel which is very nice.( 2 hour drive from brooklyn )

cindy324

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:16 pm
Quote:

Did you have to bring your own kosher food?

I haven't actually gone, but I was researching it because we were thinking about going this summer for a couple of days. There area couple of restaurants/pizza shops near there . There is a pizza shop on the Canadian side right on the main street where all the hotels are, walking distance to the falls. Toronto is about a 90 minute drive, if feeling adventurous, there are kosher restaurants there, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics