Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Who does alterations in CH besides Zlata Okunov?

cheerios

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 11:25 am
She is so overbooked with wedding gowns and doesn't have time for alterations. Who else does alterations?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:11 pm
we discussed this recently!

you can go to a tailor at any dry cleaner.

Shif

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:47 pm
I don't think the dry cleaners do a good job. I have gone to a non-jewish woman on Troy Ave (between Empire and Montgomery)....she isn't very expensive and she does a decent job for small things (that's all I have given her).

Also, Raices (I think that's how it is spelled, don't know her first name) on Carroll between Schnectady and .....???? geez, can't remember the name of the other street (not Troy)... Look her up in the Tzach. However, I have never used her.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:53 pm
Quote:
Also, Raices (I think that's how it is spelled, don't know her first name) on Carroll between Schnectady and .....????
spelled Reizes, Carroll between Schnectady and Utica. (221-0017) She's very professional, and nice to her customers, people come to her from all over, not just CH! But she's usually pretty booked too! Good Luck!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:30 pm
whoa, zlata sewed my tenayim dress 11 1/2 years ago!!! is she still in business?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:32 pm
I dislike making an appointment; I'd prefer to use a tailor in a dry cleaner. so I used s/o in the city near my office.

his one week has turned into three . . and he'sn ot cheap . . .

ganizzy

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:59 pm
what kind of alterations are u talking about? simple ones on inexpensive clothe? theres someone who works in mosdos - the gaurd or something whom all the parents bring their alterations to. he charges really little and does a pretty good job. I wouldnt bring him wedding clothes but ive seen mothers bringing their kids yom tov clothes that looked expensive. ive been happy with him and he returns it the next day or 2

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 3:22 pm
I've seen his work Wink, just make sure that if the alterations are for tznius purposes that you are very specific about what you need done, because the fine points of closing up necklines and the like might not be self-understood. (like in closing with an added diki, he might do it straight across, instead of rounding up at sides). Or in closing a split, to add a proper kickpleat instead of just sewing it up, which doesn't give enough room.

That's why I like using a frum woman who 's knowledgeable and helpful with tznius stuff, and committed to tznius on her own..

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 3:58 pm
if there is any thing too extensive, I wouldn't buy the outfit. I stick to d.ickies and sometimes taking in a neckline and the very occasional kick pleat.

thankfully I can do hems and such myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries