Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Walking during pregnancy with twins

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 2:08 pm
Every time I walk I start getting cramps.
I know walking induces labor. If I walk a half hour for a shabbos meal can it put me into labor? I'm about 24-25 weeks.
I'm so nervous to go into labor too early.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:42 am
Anyone?

observer

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 12:06 pm
Sounds like a question for your doctor...

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 3:05 pm
Definitely check with your doctor. I know I had a much harder time getting around with my twin pregnancy vs singleton, especially as I progressed. Unless your doctor says there's something to be concerned about, medically, I'd say just so what's comfortable for you. Give yourself plenty of time to get where you need to go to, plan for many stops along the way, and drink drink drink. If the cramps are worse than Braxton Hicks I'd be concerned.

I finally stopped walking more than necessary when I'd have to take so many breaks, I'd desperately have to pee before reaching my destination. It was more about my bladder than the contractions, since it'd take me half an hour to walk what used to take me five minutes.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:13 pm
I'm not finding it difficult to walk (yet) rather I get sharp pain/cramp when walking and want to make sure it's not dangerous.
I emailed my doctor so I guess we'll see what he says. I'm unsure if I should accept a shabbos invitation if it will be a half hour walk.

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:22 pm
Could it be tearing/stretching in your abdominal muscles? I had pain like you describe, though in my most recent, singleton pregnancy. It took me a long time to realize it was right where I had damage to my abdominal wall (after surgery several years ago). I suppose, even without known damage, a pregnancy could stretch the muscles and cause tearing. I don't think that's supposed to be dangerous necessarily, so that's good. Hopefully it's something your doctor can address.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:54 pm
I had this when walking and when I started wearing a support belt it went away.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 10:58 pm
Definitely get a support belt. I used one and it was extremely helpful. I put it on as soon as I got dressed in the morning and it was so much easier to be on my feet and walk around comfortably all day, especially towards the end.

Shuly

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:07 am
Get the V2 Supporter belt and drink the whole time.

musicmom

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:22 am
I was never pregnant with twins, but found during my last pregnancy that these types of pains were normal to me and I should have gotten some type of back support to help. I highly recommend getting some type of back support. I understand your concern and reticence at walking though. Could you lie down and do exercises like leg lifts or bicycle so that you remain active? I know it must be frustrating but it won't be forever!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 4:40 pm
The nurse said that if I start cramping I should stop walking.
She didn't really answer my question. I want to know if it will cause me to go into labor. I'll wait until I see the doctor and ask then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more