Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 7:58 am
Uch I'm so stressed. I need to vent. I am 5 months pregnant and we have no money. My husband recently lost his job and I just got a phone call from SNAP that I was denied because we are making too much ??! My bank account has been in the negative for the last 2 weeks. I am just crying in the bathroom at my work. We just don't have money to live anymore and the stress is not good for me and the bAby. I am doing whatever I can to save money but I just don't see anything making a difference anymore. The bills are just too much and piling up too fast to catch up. I am too embarrassed to ask any of my family for help

😢😢😢😢😢😢

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:15 am
amother wrote:
Uch I'm so stressed. I need to vent. I am 5 months pregnant and we have no money. My husband recently lost his job and I just got a phone call from SNAP that I was denied because we are making too much ??! My bank account has been in the negative for the last 2 weeks. I am just crying in the bathroom at my work. We just don't have money to live anymore and the stress is not good for me and the bAby. I am doing whatever I can to save money but I just don't see anything making a difference anymore. The bills are just too much and piling up too fast to catch up. I am too embarrassed to ask any of my family for help

😢😢😢😢😢😢

hugs! im sorry!

I got denied for SNAP because im not eligible.. im technically below the income limit, but because my husband is a f/t student he isnt eligible for snap.

I am living on a super tight budget, I keep davening that my income should go up, because I know Hashem is our Father, and he will take care of us!

Do u want help making a budget so that u can see clearly exactly where the money is going and where u can cut back on?

Is it possible for your husband to get any job, maybe something thats not in his field, till he finds a suitable job, so that u can pay your bills?

hatzlacha rabba!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
hugs! im sorry!

I got denied for SNAP because im not eligible.. im technically below the income limit, but because my husband is a f/t student he isnt eligible for snap.

I am living on a super tight budget, I keep davening that my income should go up, because I know Hashem is our Father, and he will take care of us!

Do u want help making a budget so that u can see clearly exactly where the money is going and where u can cut back on?

Is it possible for your husband to get any job, maybe something thats not in his field, till he finds a suitable job, so that u can pay your bills?

hatzlacha rabba!

Thank you for responding.

Too much to go through all my bills but there is nothing else we can cut back on right now. We went through everything.

We just need more income or serious help to catch up until he gets a job. any ideas for quick cash so I don't keep getting overdraft fees.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for responding.

Too much to go through all my bills but there is nothing else we can cut back on right now. We went through everything.

We just need more income or serious help to catch up until he gets a job. any ideas for quick cash so I don't keep getting overdraft fees.

it could be you already did this, but heres what I did/do:

I kept all my reciepts (still keep most) so I can see what im spending on.. I entered them into an excel sheet, and cut down whatever I could.
budgeting is the way to go.

re quick cash-

what field is your husband in?

its erev yom tov.. many stores need an extra hand.. maybe he can do that?

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:53 am
did you get cut off from 'snap' with or without your husband's income ... because if it was with - you can reapply for your new lower income [just want to make sure you didn't miss this]

if you think your family has the financial ability to help & the kindness to ... despite the difficulty I would try to hold back the embarrassment and ask for help or a loan

and pregnant women can easily get onto WIC

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:04 am
Sorry to hear.
Did you try contacting the companies you owe?
I had a hospital bill that was crazy even after insurance kicked in. I applied for a reduction and was granted some discount which helped. It's a long application where you have to list all expenses, show tax returns etc but it was totally worth my time when I got the reduction! And if DH is out of work he can do this.

Internet companies are notorious for haggling with you to keep you. I called as another company was offering a cheaper option (check online for your city). They dropped my bill by $10 a month just by calling and I had no downtime without internet, no new installation fees etc.

What other bills do you have?
Every penny helps. $10 here, $5 there really adds up!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:20 am
greenfire wrote:
did you get cut off from 'snap' with or without your husband's income ... because if it was with - you can reapply for your new lower income [just want to make sure you didn't miss this]

if you think your family has the financial ability to help & the kindness to ... despite the difficulty I would try to hold back the embarrassment and ask for help or a loan

and pregnant women can easily get onto WIC

This was without my husbands income.
But believe it or not since I posted it; The lady called me back to ask me more questions and I think in my previous call she mixed me up with someone else. I'm davening that I'm approved!!

I am already getting Wic. I've been living off of cereal milk and peanut butter sandwiches !

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:21 am
I don't know where you live but when my husband didn't have a job he started working for a car service company it really helped us with cash. If it's busy you can make 35$ an hour.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
This was without my husbands income.
But believe it or not since I posted it; The lady called me back to ask me more questions and I think in my previous call she mixed me up with someone else. I'm davening that I'm approved!!

I am already getting Wic. I've been living off of cereal milk and peanut butter sandwiches !

oh wow! im davening for you, too!

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:29 am
Some ideas: I don't know if you have a car but if you do could your husband sign up to drive uber or lyft. Is there tomchei Shabbos in your area for Shabbat groceries? Is there a Jewish free loan association in your neighborhood you can get an interest free loan from? If you really need help and your parents are likely to help, please reach out to them.
I hope things improve for you right away!

Goldie613

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:40 am
Any food pantries by you?

Can your husband get work running errands or taking an elderly neighbor places? Could you do tutoring of kids in the evenings? None of these would pay a lot, but you'd generally get paid that same day, so it may work to get a bit of extra cash in the house right away.

I know someone already posted this, but it's true, a lot of places hire by the Yom Tovim to help sell lulavs, schach, put up flyers about upcoming events, etc.

Is he strong or good at putting things together? Maybe he could hire himself out to build sukkahs?

Would you feel comfortable posting what area you live in, or the type of job your husband is looking for? Someone may know of something.

Good Luck Hug

Amalia

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:41 pm
So sorry for the financial situation you are in. In addition to the other posters' ideas:
Another vote for overcoming embarrassment and asking family for help (financial and any other possible kind), assuming they won't use it against you. It seems to me that your circumstances allow for this: for your and your baby's physical and emotional health. Much Hatzlacha and a gut gebentched yur!

friends_89

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 6:48 pm
Hugs! Where are you located? My husband is a recruiter for many jewish companies in the New York area. Perhaps he may be able to help your husband find a job. Pm me if interested.

Happy1027

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:18 pm
friends_89 wrote:
Hugs! Where are you located? My husband is a recruiter for many jewish companies in the New York area. Perhaps he may be able to help your husband find a job. Pm me if interested.
can I pm you as well? We are going through a very similar situation and could possibly lose our apartment if we don't get income soon.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 7:23 am
tichellady wrote:
Some ideas: I don't know if you have a car but if you do could your husband sign up to drive uber or lyft. Is there tomchei Shabbos in your area for Shabbat groceries? Is there a Jewish free loan association in your neighborhood you can get an interest free loan from? If you really need help and your parents are likely to help, please reach out to them.
I hope things improve for you right away!

Thank you all for your replies and support. I really feel like the SNAP approval would help so much. Waiting to hear back from them.

It's not so simple to ask family for money. My inlaws definitely have money. They own a few houses, cars, live in help. etc. but unfortunately they are not the generous type so it would just make us feel uncomfortable.

I wish I can have cleaning help just 1x this month !!

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:44 am
OP, where are you located? I would like to pay for a cleaning lady for you before yom tov. If you pm your address I will send you a check.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 11:21 am
kenz wrote:
OP, where are you located? I would like to pay for a cleaning lady for you before yom tov. If you pm your address I will send you a check.

I'm really touched. That's really nice of you. I live in the Tristate area. I'm too embarrassed to expose my username and information. I also would prob use the money for food instead of cleaning help. Is that bad to say? I'm just being honest. I would rather be not hungry and live in my dirty house.

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
I'm really touched. That's really nice of you. I live in the Tristate area. I'm too embarrassed to expose my username and information. I also would prob use the money for food instead of cleaning help. Is that bad to say? I'm just being honest. I would rather be not hungry and live in my dirty house.

I wouldn't expect you to give your info. here, but if you want to pm me the offer stands.
The reason I said cleaning help specifically is because Reb. Zahava Braunstein a"h used to say that every woman should have cleaning help, regardless of what else has to go, and you mention it above. I know you'll manage to find the money for food somehow, but cleaning help will not be a priority. That said, you can of course use it for whatever you like.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 1:43 pm
kenz wrote:
I wouldn't expect you to give your info. here, but if you want to pm me the offer stands.
The reason I said cleaning help specifically is because Reb. Zahava Braunstein a"h used to say that every woman should have cleaning help, regardless of what else has to go, and you mention it above. I know you'll manage to find the money for food somehow, but cleaning help will not be a priority. That said, you can of course use it for whatever you like.

Thank you so much! This is really awkward for me to accept a handout but we are so desperate that I'm really not in the position to say no so I made an email address to reach me. I will give you whatever information you want to know about me via email.

Hashemyazor1234@gmail.com

I will definitely use it for cleaning help. (Hopefully my lady will come back after all this time !) I am really looking forward to having my linen changed and bathroom scrubbed! You have no idea how much this means to me.

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 5:45 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much! This is really awkward for me to accept a handout but we are so desperate that I'm really not in the position to say no so I made an email address to reach me. I will give you whatever information you want to know about me via email.

Hashemyazor1234@gmail.com

I will definitely use it for cleaning help. (Hopefully my lady will come back after all this time !) I am really looking forward to having my linen changed and bathroom scrubbed! You have no idea how much this means to me.

Check your email. Smile
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics