Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 9:02 pm
OP please look up the income limits for SNAP. The workers there are human and make mistakes. I had a huge problem with the ones in my county and I'm currently filing for an investigation because I feel they were unfair and anti-Semitic. This wouldn't be necessary in your case. Just look up the income amount for 2 people plus you're pregnant so that matters. You might even be able to get Foodstamps for 3 people of you're pregnant but I'm not 100% sure of that. I will list 2 links below that can help you. The first will be a list of income guidelines based on the number of people in your family. The second will be a list of phone numbers headquarters of different government programs. If you're in NJ, look at the mid Atlantic regional office and call the phone number where it says snap director. If you're in NY, call the Northeast regional office phone number. If the local office isn't helping you and you're entitled to snap based on the income guidelines I posted a link to, call that number and file a complaint. They will take care of it right away. They were very helpful for me and got the job done. They may send your complaint to a different office that actually handles the complaint.

https://www.benefits.gov/benef...../1312

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fns-regional-offices

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
OP please look up the income limits for SNAP. The workers there are human and make mistakes. I had a huge problem with the ones in my county and I'm currently filing for an investigation because I feel they were unfair and anti-Semitic. This wouldn't be necessary in your case. Just look up the income amount for 2 people plus you're pregnant so that matters. You might even be able to get Foodstamps for 3 people of you're pregnant but I'm not 100% sure of that. I will list 2 links below that can help you. The first will be a list of income guidelines based on the number of people in your family. The second will be a list of phone numbers headquarters of different government programs. If you're in NJ, look at the mid Atlantic regional office and call the phone number where it says snap director. If you're in NY, call the Northeast regional office phone number. If the local office isn't helping you and you're entitled to snap based on the income guidelines I posted a link to, call that number and file a complaint. They will take care of it right away. They were very helpful for me and got the job done. They may send your complaint to a different office that actually handles the complaint.

https://www.benefits.gov/benef...../1312

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fns-regional-offices

Thank you for this info. I am waiting to hear the response back from them because as I said, she called me back and was asking more questions. Hopefully will hear back within the next day or two.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 10:43 pm
kenz wrote:
Check your email. Smile

Thank you, I got your email and you have no idea what kind of Chessed Shel Emes this is.

I am really impressed by this and iyh when things turn around for me I hope I can do the same for someone else who might need it.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 11:12 pm
Id like to send you a grocery order. Are you in Brooklyn? Also, when the baby is born id love to send you a layette. I love shopping for baby clothes!

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:36 am
Op I feel with you, mainly because we are in a similar situation. We just got denied snap and the reason listed was that we didn't provide proof of income, which we did.the woman helping us seemed very confused and she must have messed up in some way. I called the office and now have to go down again to refile. My dh missed half a day at work because we had to go down the first time around, he can't miss more work. B"h my dh has a job, but the pay is terrible but it covers the rent so b"h I'm not worried about ending up on the streets. I'm in my 8th month of pregnancy so I'm trying to remain calm. I'm lucky because cleaning actually relaxes me, and my dh is ok with eating a lot of pasta. Can I ask what you are doing for maternity clothing? That's one place I am struggling, as I have nothing to wear to work as I grew so much at this point. I'm not too proud to ask family for help, but sadly our parents don't have the means to help us. I don't know how we're going to pay for a car seat to take the baby home! Sending u hugs, as someone who really understands what your going through- it rlly is all hashems plan and we'll see that soon!

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 6:39 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Id like to send you a grocery order. Are you in Brooklyn? Also, when the baby is born id love to send you a layette. I love shopping for baby clothes!

I am not in Brooklyn. But that is a really nice offer. I haven't really thought about what I'm going to put the baby in once it is born !! iyh we should be on our feet by then. I really hope. Not sure how I would pay for a mohel or bris.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 6:44 am
amother wrote:
Op I feel with you, mainly because we are in a similar situation. We just got denied snap and the reason listed was that we didn't provide proof of income, which we did.the woman helping us seemed very confused and she must have messed up in some way. I called the office and now have to go down again to refile. My dh missed half a day at work because we had to go down the first time around, he can't miss more work. B"h my dh has a job, but the pay is terrible but it covers the rent so b"h I'm not worried about ending up on the streets. I'm in my 8th month of pregnancy so I'm trying to remain calm. I'm lucky because cleaning actually relaxes me, and my dh is ok with eating a lot of pasta. Can I ask what you are doing for maternity clothing? That's one place I am struggling, as I have nothing to wear to work as I grew so much at this point. I'm not too proud to ask family for help, but sadly our parents don't have the means to help us. I don't know how we're going to pay for a car seat to take the baby home! Sending u hugs, as someone who really understands what your going through- it rlly is all hashems plan and we'll see that soon!

Wow. Thank you for posting. I would really love to daven for you. Maybe we can daven for each other ?

I feel like we are in the same boat, I ate pasta 3 times this week for supper! And the only reason why I have maternity clothing is bec it is all hand me down! Didn't buy a single new thing and don't plan on. Some stuff doesn't fit me just right but I make it work.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 7:46 am
Op check the snap benefits info. I've been denied or received substantially lower amounts in the past. My local office is notorious for denying or giving less. I've had fair hearings and have even filed with the state to have it corrected.

<<Hugs>> Op, I understand your situation as I was in a very similar situation a few years ago. We were in foreclosure, had no money for food, had electric turnoff notice... one Tishrei. My parents and in laws just make ends meet and couldn't help us. BH our situation has since improved.

I would love to be able to help, but right now we are very tight ourselves. Want to thank the imamothers who offer help to others in these types of situations. Hashem should bentch you all with a year of parnassah.

zigi

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 8:21 am
sometimes its worth the money to have help to get food stamps, they maker sure that you have enough proofs etc or cojo or local community council too. this is if you are in ny. you can always apply again if you are missing something or ask for a fair hearing

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
I am not in Brooklyn. But that is a really nice offer. I haven't really thought about what I'm going to put the baby in once it is born !! iyh we should be on our feet by then. I really hope. Not sure how I would pay for a mohel or bris.

Well if you have a grocery near you, that I would be able to call in an order, let me know

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 8:35 am
My heart is breaking for you ladies
Wish I was able to help with money ... What about the crown heights maternity gemach ?
Also destination maternity is great if you check the sales racks ..
Very low prices
Please , if you can , just text your parents / in laws and ask to borrow x amount of money or for a gift of x amount
Or say I could use some help This month with x amount of hours for a cleaning lady . It's worth the Shame
And it really shouldn't be shameful bc that's what family is for
To help each other
When they are old and feeble you will be there to help them
Allow them to help you when u need it
Cuz it will feel more shameful to be alone in dirty house hungry
Better to be fed in a Clean house
You'll feel so much better
Also how come they don't know ur financial situation
Do they have no clue ?
CAn u drop hints to ur mom?

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 8:41 am
Also , it's better to not keep this to your self
You need to share your struggles with someone in real life
Maybe your rav can help ? A go fund me perhaps ? Even a few thousand dollars to help u guys out
You deserve it
We are all brothers and sisters
Yidden want to help u !!

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 9:09 am
There are car seat and stroller gemachs
Basically everything can be found in gemachs these days Bh
Also ppl usually don't mind lending one they aren't using at the moment
Let me know if you want phone numbers

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
My heart is breaking for you ladies
Wish I was able to help with money ... What about the crown heights maternity gemach ?
Also destination maternity is great if you check the sales racks ..
Very low prices
Please , if you can , just text your parents / in laws and ask to borrow x amount of money or for a gift of x amount
Or say I could use some help This month with x amount of hours for a cleaning lady . It's worth the Shame
And it really shouldn't be shameful bc that's what family is for
To help each other
When they are old and feeble you will be there to help them
Allow them to help you when u need it
Cuz it will feel more shameful to be alone in dirty house hungry
Better to be fed in a Clean house
You'll feel so much better
Also how come they don't know ur financial situation
Do they have no clue ?
CAn u drop hints to ur mom?

Thank you for the suggestions. But yes our family lives in a lavish lifestyle while we are really struggling.

It's a hard pill to swallow but I try to be happy for them when they tell me about their fancy cruises, designer clothing and the latest updates on their house.

It is very sad but they live in their own world and do not see things that are going on to the people they love right around them.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:27 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Well if you have a grocery near you, that I would be able to call in an order, let me know

Yes I do. Where you the one who emailed me ?

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 10:00 pm
OP- If you need a mohel after the baby is born iy"H, my brother is an experienced mohel who does it free of charge...

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I do. Where you the one who emailed me ?

No, but you can send me your email and I'll email you.

pelle

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 10:18 pm
I am so sorry you are going through this. Are you able to buy prenatal vitamins? I will send you if you need.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:32 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
No, but you can send me your email and I'll email you.

Hashemyazor1234@gmail.com

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:33 pm
pelle wrote:
I am so sorry you are going through this. Are you able to buy prenatal vitamins? I will send you if you need.

Yes I have. Thank you 😊
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics