Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Carseats: Britax Roundabout or Evenflo Triumph

amother

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 9:50 pm
So my baby is finally old/big enough to move out of her infant seat and I am looking into car seat. I found that the Britax Roundabout and Evenflo Triumph seem to be pretty recommended, they both have the same great safety score by Consumer Reports.

Does anybody have either of these two models? Are you happy with it? Is there a reason why I should spend the extra hundred bucks for the Britax?
Is there a dif. brand/model that you have and recommend for me to consider as well?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

ruthanne

Post Sat, Jun 02 2007, 11:06 pm
I have the Britax roundabout but I bought it on ebay for about $130 and it is in perfect condition. I think its great and I heard its the safest on the market. You can also get the Britax on craigslist.com.

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:47 am
I got the Britax round. as a gift and I love it. it's very comfy and easy to install, and feels very secure once it's in your car. When driving for long distances, DD loves sleeping in it...it's very cushy.

then again, if I had to pay for it myself, I dont know that I would dish out the extra 100$$ for the same ratings on CR.... Tongue Out

dewyt

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:59 am
I totally agree with the two mothers above- also have it, also love it, but I got a coupon and a color that was cheaper (its denim, my son doesnt seem to care!) so it was pretty cheap...so if I would be paying straight, I dunno.....lol

happymom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 10:05 am
I have the evenflow triumph and im very happy with it. I heard and read that its the same as britaz (basically) for much much cheaper)

Last edited by happymom on Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

shoy18

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 10:49 am
I have the roundabout and am very happy with it, ds fallasleep very nicely in it.

Dewyt the denim is much better as it is cotton and therefore much more breathable. I wish I would have found the denim one..

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:17 pm
Is the evenflo less comfortable? I really hate when my baby cries in her car seat and cant fall asleep?

ChavieK

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:19 pm
I got a Graco. I asked the "car seat expert" in my area. She said if you have the $ & like the Britax, go for it. But it is not any safer. My ds never had a problem sleeping in it. Then again my kids were all good sleepers,even when the carseats weren't as plush as even the cheapest is now.

tripletlyblessed

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 2:51 am
After we move fromthe infants, we went to the Cosco Scerena/Safety 1st Uptown (Same seat, different padding and price) as it has one of the highest RF weight limits and height limits. My girls are on the small side so, b"h, these should get us close to their 3rd birthday and then we'll get something else when we turn them around.

happy2beme

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 2:20 pm
I have the evenflo triumph. we bought it around 3 yrs ago for dd. ds was using it & recently we noticed that the styrofoam under the padding just totally cracked off! Don't know why, just something to be aware of. how does britax pad the seat? also with styrofoam which is pretty breakable?

also, check the size requirements for both.
dd, who was in 90th percentile & ds, who was in 70th percentile grew out of it b4 2nd bday. (don't know how long it's supposed to last)

besides for the 2 probs above, we loved it!

luckyme

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 2:49 pm
I have the Britax Marathon & love it! I like the idea that is has extra side impact protection & will fit them for a much longer period of time -mine seats from 5lbs up to 65lbs. I have found it's easy to strap them into & adjust when they grow. Very roomy & comfy for the long trips, too - It seems to sit them higher up so they have a better view of the road. I have laundered the cover numerous times (right into the machine, then air dry) and it looks as good as new. Like many others have stated, I got mine as a gift or I might not have tried it due to the cost. However, after owning one, I saved up for the next one. One thing to keep in mind though, depending on your vehicle size - it can be quite crowded with 3 of these across. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 7:16 pm
luckyme wrote:
I have laundered the cover numerous times (right into the machine, then air dry) and it looks as good as new.

This is just what I was wondering. I am thinking of buying the Britax and was concerned that they say it isn't machine washable and the fabric (Lazy day grey) seems really velvety and like it would be hard to keep clean with just a damp cloth. Are you saying that it washed fine? which fabric cover do you have?

luckyme

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:21 pm
On the Marathon, I have GRANITE
http://www.britaxusa.net/produ......aspx
and on the Parkway booster, I have ONYX
I have washed both frequently in the machine on delicate & let the cover air dry overnight -good as new!
FYI, I let my kids eat in the car, so they sometimes get pretty funky.
Highly recommended Exclamation

shoy18

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:25 pm
amother wrote:
luckyme wrote:
I have laundered the cover numerous times (right into the machine, then air dry) and it looks as good as new.

This is just what I was wondering. I am thinking of buying the Britax and was concerned that they say it isn't machine washable and the fabric (Lazy day grey) seems really velvety and like it would be hard to keep clean with just a damp cloth. Are you saying that it washed fine? which fabric cover do you have?

I washed mine as well, its fine.. have it for nearly two years looks brand new after its washed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics