Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need help! Lakewood heimish/chasidish boys schools
1  2  3  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 2:55 am
Any that you know of and a bit about them??
How chasidish are they...?
Also - do they start with kindergarten or primary.

Thanks so much!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 10:48 pm
Anyone??

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 11:22 pm
I can try,
Here are the options starting from the most chassidish (I think)
1. skver- has a kindergarten, I think its the most chassidish
2. rachmistrivka- has a kindergarten, also pretty chassidish but a bigger school so more of a mix
3. talmud torah bais avrohom- does not have a kindergarten -chassidish but a mix of different types. more heimshe
4. masoros avos- more of a heimshe mix, yes kindergarten
5. satmar- the first cheder in lakewood, also chasidishe mix no kindergarten-
6. darchei avosainu- heimshe a little more open minded, not sure if have kindergarten

This is my opinion, I may be wrong.

Hatzlacha

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 12:58 am
Thank u so much!!!! Really appreciate that!
Anything else to add about any of them? About the warmth? Academics? Experience?....

SS6099

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 2:33 am
You'll probably find the warmth to be the same in all of them. But options 1 and 5 are smaller so u may receive more individual attention.
You do realize that in Lakewood it's HARD to get in anywhere?
Good luck Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 10:55 am
bump...
seeing information ..
do any of these schools have a problem with women driving?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 10:58 am
No I don't think so. I know women who send to all those schools and they drive.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
No I don't think so. I know women who send to all those schools and they drive.

Thank you, also am I correct in assuming that the most chassidish yeshiva in Lakewood are much less Chassidish than BP?

I would never send to Satmar in BP, but I'm wondering if Satmar and Rachamstrivsk in Lakewood are options.
My son is in a pretty chassidish yeshiva now but it's neutral.... My dh and I don't look so chassidish.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 11:58 am
I'm under the impression Lakewood is much more relaxed then NY.
My neighbor goes to a chassidish cheder and says the boys all speak English during recess. (His father davens in the original Satmar and is still in kollel)
His English is great and he reads at the same level as my boys in a litvish school.
The boys also play ball and sports here a lot more.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 12:01 pm
Isn't there also toras emes, chassidish/ heimish?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 1:15 pm
Satmar is not really Satmar and I think it's a lot less Chasidish than Rachmastrivk. It's more like Bais Avrohom. The Chasidish schools in Lakewood in general all have a bigger mix.

21young

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 1:53 pm
If you post where your son is now in BP that would help us figure out your type. There's also Toras Emes, probably the least chassidish, there is Kindergarten. Very new is Stolin - very comparable to Stolin in BP, they do have Kindergarten.
I have to reiterate what was already posted - it's very hard to get into schools in Lakewood. Assume that you will apply to all and be happy with whoever accepts you.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 5:23 pm
If you're looking for a cheder that is chassidish but more to the heimish side, I would second Stolin. Great mix, I know wonderful heimish people who send there and are very happy.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:06 pm
I live in lkwd and I'm also looking for heimish/chasidish a boys school can someone please post more details of each how is one compared to the others how are they different?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 1:52 pm
Bump

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 2:24 pm
Of the whole list. Skvere is the most chasidish. Rachmistrivke is next. But the fact that it's such a mix makes you have different types that in bp mainstream chasidish wouldn't have. So if your child is coming from a neutral chasidish place and you don't mind your child having a higher level of English and more exposed to English speaking kids then go for it.

I sent my ds to darchai avoseinu. It's not a mainstream chasidish yeshiva that I was used to in bp. It's still a growing yeshiva and they have a lot to improve and figure out what they want to do in terms of how chasidish they want to be. The good thing of trying to mix yeshivish and chasidish is a nice idea but it's not working out for the real chasidish people. Of course I am giving you my opinion and I am sure there are others who disagree and think it's a wonderful idea. I just think that a chasidish mentality is so different that it can clash. It definitely can work for some but not for all.

As much as I wanted to expose ds to a different mentality it didn't work. But I might work for you.

This is just my experience, please just take it as such.

I know others that are sending to darchai and are happy there.
You need to know what your son needs. And hope for the best.

Masores avos has a real mix of simple chasidish heimishe but then it has the fancy chasidish.

Talmud Torah is very hard to get in. They are not chasidish they are more heimishe.
Torah emes is the real ritzy fancy type chasidishe
Satmar is the oldest chasidish Mosdos. But they have very little chasidish there. Again the crowd is heimishe. Most homes the children are spoken in English by their parents and the rebbe speaks Yiddish and teaches in Yiddish. So they learn it as a second language..

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 2:32 pm
stolin also great place but I would not consider it chasidish .it is yeshivish heimishe.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 5:44 pm
I was told toras emes is not really chasidish. Less chasidish than talmud torah. I was told it's like chasam sofar in bp any truth to that? Which one is more chasidish?

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 7:13 pm
All I know is that there are chasidish kids there. Torah emes has chasidish that are very with it. Not sure about the whole yeshiva I only know one family there. It's also very expensive compared to the rest of others that were mentioned

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 7:17 pm
Talmud Torah is a super duper yeshiva with a menahel that has a snobby attitude. Though they were able to get themselves a good name. I wouldn't even try there. Rather go to darchai because they don't have an attitude. It's very nice a simple families. Talmud is nearly impossible to get in. It's just so hard for lakewooders to get in so if I were you I wouldn't consider them.

I don't know the exact clientele at Torah emes. I just know it's modern chasidish.y
I don't think chasam sofer is chasidish at all. It's short rekel type. And English speaking. I could try to find out the exact clientele there. If you are looking for the open minded chasidish then I could find out if it is.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics