Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Grinding teeth

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, May 02 2004, 1:39 am
I don't know if it's something to worry about or not, but my son has started to grind his teeth. should I do anything about it or just leave it?

proudmom

Post Tue, Jul 20 2004, 11:53 am
I dont think there is anything you should worry about, my daughter use to do the same thing and she eventually grew out of it. If you are really concerned speak to his doctor about it.

micki

Post Wed, Jul 21 2004, 3:50 pm
and when you speak to his doctor abaout it, (or dentist) they will tell you that this is normal and there is nothing to worrry about... I asked.

Nechama

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 4:22 am
I remember I asked my Dr. and Dentist how to stop my children from grinding their teeth. He told me "Get them different parents" I was very upset for about two minutes until he explained that it is hereditary. (But also stress related in some cases)

Liba

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 4:04 pm
My oldest has done some major damage to her teeth grinding. I have a mouth gaurd because I was hurting my teeth clenching them at night.

So far we haven't found a good way to stop either of us Surprised My daughter is too young (and growing) so we can't do anything for her!

Nechama

Post Mon, Oct 04 2004, 2:32 am
I wore a mouth guard for a long time until I made a concious effort to sleep slack jawed AND make sure I do not clench when awake either.
The natural position for a jaw is slightly open. I didn't know that when I was younger. I always had my teeth together. I had migraines and jaw aches.
I also had my teeth ground so they do not meet. It is nearly impossible for me to grind now.
I actually wake up if I close my jaw!

proudmom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 6:42 pm
My 11 month old daughter does it now and it annoys me so much. I cant take it. She does it louder and louder.

SWatson

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 4:13 pm
I still grind my teeth when asleep shock Never thought of it as a problem

queenie

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 12:06 am
Nechama, I am also a bruxor. That's the dental medical term for it. I have ground down some of my teeth and had the dentist file others to make it difficult. My parents used to tell me it's really loud. They warned my husband before we got married!!

Thank goodness the kids haven't inherited that. Although I have never heard that it is heriditary and no one in my family does it. But my mom snores. haha.

I also wore a mouth guard too. But guess this - I totally believe it's stress related. I have hardly done it since being married. I guess (and my hubby will appreciate this for sure) that my house that I am responsible for, take care of and pay the bills (and I work full time) is less stressful than my parents house. He tells me I don't grind. But I know I snore when I sleep funny and I never did that before!!!!

smile

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 4:33 pm
My daughter also started this week to grind her teeth (it gives me the shiver). I want her to stop because I don't know if it is harmful for the teeth.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 9:29 pm
About a month or so ago, my 10 month old was grinding his teeth. sounded bad, and of course, worried about his teeth.
I looked it up in a book and basically - odn't worry. Unless the child is older, I imagine. I think some babies, as they get their teeth in, figure something new out and try it out. Just like with the rasberries and stuff. So my baby did it for a couple of days and now I think he forgot about it. (unless he's just in too much pain from all the teething.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics