Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Challah

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2004, 4:25 pm
There is a lady in israel that her mother went to a great rabbi and she asked for a bracha that she should find her shidduch so the rabbi told her if you find 40 women that will do lehafrish challah with a bracha and have in mind her name she will find her shidduch,. so please have in mind rochel bas miriam for a shidduch when you do lehafrish challah

Last edited by proudmom on Thu, Oct 28 2004, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

zuncompany

Post Thu, Aug 19 2004, 4:59 pm
I am putting up a bathc next week. I will keep her in mind.
Sara

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2004, 5:25 pm
Thank you very much

Last edited by proudmom on Thu, Oct 28 2004, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

supermom

Post Fri, Aug 20 2004, 5:45 am
if it is possible to do it this week I would really apprieciate it we are missing another five woman if there is anyone out there who can, please email cmalka@netvision.net.il. by the way it is a girl not a lady looking for a shidduch she is twenty five years old. She has three sisters younger than her that all got married with in the past three years.

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 27 2004, 4:35 pm
I try to make challah every week. I make a massive batch of dough once a month devide into freezer baggies and take out every thursday I make lehafrish challah with every week without the burden of making the dough. If you want I can try and have people in mind when I say this bracha.

'If you think my hands are full b"h... You should only see my heart!'

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 27 2004, 5:38 pm
Quote:
I make lehafrish challah with every week without the burden of making the dough

you mean each batch you take out is large enough to "take challa"?!
that would make the original dough really humongous!

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 27 2004, 11:28 pm
Yes it is humongous Basically when I make it I times 4 the original batch. However I did ask a sheilah now and unless I do each batch seperatley then when I devide it it can be a problem with making the bracha so thanks for replying and bringing this to my attention. Wink

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 6:09 am
would you believe two weeks after 40 people had in mind her name when they made the brocha she found her chassan I didn't realize it could work but I guess it does thanks to everyone who has helped.

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 6:15 am
we are looking for another 43 people who also do hafrash challah with a brocha for this week and to have in mind shmuel tanchum ben bracha lifsha for a speedy recovery.

We are starting something in israel and for around the world to say the days shmirat halashon in the merit that shmuel tanchum ben bracha Lifsha will have a refua shelema.

I have not logged in for about a month and I can't believe how fast this site has grown and how unbelievable this site looks kol hakovod to you guys and a job well done!!!

proudmom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 9:57 am
If anyone is interested in making challah this week please PM me.

proudmom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 7:56 pm
I got 46 women to do the lehafrish Challah for my father. Thank you all for your help.

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 8:32 pm
yasher koach proudmom, I will ask my hubby, to have in mind your dad at his store tomorrow when they do lehafrish challah

proudmom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2004, 8:36 pm
Thank you very much.

Nechama

Post Fri, Oct 29 2004, 1:44 am
Can one have more than one person in mind? I make challah every week and would be happy to have someone in mind.
Does it work for boys too?
I will try it and ask my friends. I will let you know.

Great idea.

proudmom

Post Fri, Oct 29 2004, 10:36 am
Yes thank you very much.

supermom

Post Sun, Oct 31 2004, 8:21 am
I have heard to possibilities some say yes you can have in mind two people at one time and others say that only one person at a time. I guess it is just a matter of whom you ask and what they hold. Confused

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 6:58 pm
If this helps I am going to make challah this week after a months break Very Happy

supermom

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 3:17 pm
Baruch Rachamim Ben Sarah needs our help he was diagnosed with a brain tumor not to long ago if you can help out with hafrashas challah please reply or pm me before the end of this week. we need thirty nine woman please.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 3:43 am
we need another thirty more woman anyone making challah this week?

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:07 pm
Please anyone out there we are only up to twenty people we need another twenty more hafrashats challah. please!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics