Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Mikvah in Monsey - Motzei Shabbos?

quickchef

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 12:16 am
As a guest... and need to use Mikvah on a Motzei Shabbos... can you advise where I can go right after the zman, and that has beautiful facilities (preferrably Smile Anything else I should be aware of? (Different minhagim etc. than elsewhere?)

Thanks!

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 2:43 pm
Mikvah of Rockland County on Viola Road. I'm not sure about their opening time, but you can call them at 845-371-0211.

Good luck

mom2be1

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 3:14 pm
Probably the nicest mikvah I've been too!

gomom!

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 10:40 pm
Have a question about Monsey Mikvah-I dont live in the area, but needa knw about the mikvah. Do they have apointments and/or private waiting rooms? Also, do they provide you with things to prep with?? TIA!!!

morahaviva

Post Tue, Mar 06 2012, 5:28 am
There are around 70 prep rooms, I think. You have a choice of bath or shower. I have only had to wait in the waiting room once, but I think it was a Motzai Shabbos. Towels and robes etc are all provided in the rooms. The mikvah lady will come in and check your feet and hands, and then your back when you go into the mikvah room. (where I used to live they only checked your back). Its very hard to find in the dark, so I suggest dding a drive by before Shabbos so you will be able to find it at night.

gomom!

Post Tue, Mar 06 2012, 5:42 am
Thanks! Also are they discreet when u go into the Mikva?
I hate wen they watch you walk down the steps.

ohmygosh

Post Tue, Mar 06 2012, 7:08 am
The one on Viola is a beautiful gorgeous mikvah and they have everything you need in the rooms -towels, robes, toothbrush & toothpaste, eye makeup remover, soap & shampoo, nail scissor, Qtips, etc. Like someone else said, it's easy to miss the entrance so good to do a drive-by first. I never had to wait for a room but it does happen rarely.

On motzei shabbos, they usually open up about 15 minutes after the 72 minute zman.

As for the mikvah lady watching you go down the steps? Depends on the mikvah lady Smile There are a bunch that work there that you never know who you will get. But if they do, I just block it out & do what I came to do.

Arcy

Post Tue, Mar 06 2012, 7:47 am
ask for Miriam V (I don't remember he last name) he is sefardi/chassidish (I think Yeminite originally)
she is the sweetest, nicest mikva lady I ever met at that Mikvah, totally does not check me out when I go down the steps, ... (of rockland county)

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 1:07 am
Beautiful Mikvah but I would not trust things like the contact lens case. I think I am in the small minority to have issues with the cleanliness of that place. I found feces or blood on the toilet seat, hair in the jacuzzi, hair and debris in the actual mikvah. I found the tools they supplied not the cleanest. I was very traumatized.

I do agree that Miriam is a doll.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 1:24 pm
What kind of crowd uses this mikvah? Chassidish, litvish.......

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 3:24 pm
As far as I can see, everyone uses it, I've seen very chasidish to modern orthodox (not covering hair etc.) I'm chasidish and I use it, it's supposed to be one of the most mehudar mikvaos around. The litvish women also use it. Looks like everyone in the area uses it.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 4:36 pm
Thanks I appreciate your reply.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks I appreciate your reply.

You can call them and make an appointment. I would suggest that especially for a motzei shabbos.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 5:09 pm
It's actually motzai yt. Thanks for the suggestion. If I don't make an appointment will I have to wait in the waiting room?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:39 pm
I’ll need to use the Mikva in monsey this week. Any leads plaese?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries