Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best credit cards for groceries cash rewards?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:17 pm
Best credit cards for groceries cash rewards?

samantha87

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:45 pm
Following

shoshana2

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:51 pm
Amex blue cash preferred- gives 6% back on groceries up to $6000 dollars a year. 75 dollar annual fee. Plus 3% back on gas , no limit.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 12:00 am
shoshana2 wrote:
Amex blue cash preferred- gives 6% back on groceries up to $6000 dollars a year. 75 dollar annual fee. Plus 3% back on gas , no limit.

Thanks. Does this mean you get back $6,000 a year or can you only spend up to $6,000 a year on groceries?

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 12:15 am
Be aware that this might not apply to Kosher Supermarket purchases. I used the Citicard Cashback card for years and couldn't figure out why I was getting back so little. I called and went through my bill and they told me they only consider the big chain supermarket purchases supermarkets (they don't consider KRM or Gourmet Glatt supermarkets that are worthy of cash back for some reason).

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 12:31 am
Mevater wrote:
Be aware that this might not apply to Kosher Supermarket purchases. I used the Citicard Cashback card for years and couldn't figure out why I was getting back so little. I called and went through my bill and they told me they only consider the big chain supermarket purchases supermarkets (they don't consider KRM or Gourmet Glatt supermarkets that are worthy of cash back for some reason).

I used TD Bank Ameritrade and got the 5% back on all my Moisha's purchases. (The promotion ran out in May, so now I can only get 1% back on groceries. I cancelled my card.)

Btw, thanks for the tip. I can earn $360 a year plus an additional $150 if I spend $1,000 in three months. So it's worth the $75 for the first year. I may cancel for the second year if I find a better offer.

shoshana2

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 6:10 am
The $6000 a year limit is on money spent at the grocery- you also get 3% back on department store purchases and 1% back on all other purchases.
The citi double cash card gives 2%back on all purchases across the board.

Mrs. Annie

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:28 am
Chase Freedom has 5% cash back, but only April-June.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:40 pm
Bank of America cash rewards has 2% cash back on groceries, plus a bonus if u have a bank account with them and u deposit ur rewards into ur account.
Not as much as the other cards mentioned but there's no annual fee and not limited to certain months of the year..

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:38 pm
Do any cards give cash back on the kosher supermarkets now?

Any new card with excellent cash back or points?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics