Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Do Boyaner wear makeup?

sunset

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 2:49 pm
I would like to give a gift to a Kallah and she is engaged to a Boyaner chassid. I bought some nice makeup brushes but now I am thinking maybe she won't be wearing makeup after the wedding? Does anyone know? She lives in Israel. Thanks

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 3:02 pm
Boyan is a very neutral chassidus. They have no issue with makeup. If she won't wear makeup that's her personal choice.
Why don't you ask her? Like you can ask where she buys her makeup or who is doing her makeup for wedding. This way you'll get a feel or direct answers if she wears makeup or not.

sunset

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 3:11 pm
Thanks so much!
I don't know her so well but I know her extended family.
I met her once and she was wearing makeup. That's why I thought of this gift. She does seem into looking nice.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 5:54 pm
I'm from a Boyaner family and I certainly wear makeup and so does almost everyone else I know. However, I live in NY. But I'm pretty sure the Rebbe's female family members do, too, although I can be wrong.

myself

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 6:42 pm
Using make-up is a personal preference and is not generally chassidus dependent.

sunset

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 7:22 pm
I wasn't sure. I thought it might be...or community based. I think some communities don't wear eye makeup but will wear blush/ lipstick. Other communities have to shave their heads. So I thought maybe in certain groups, makeup was discouraged. Glad to hear it's not in this case!! Thanks for all your answers!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:51 am
When in doubt do without.
Buy something safe
Make up is a tad personal anyway, colour wise, and all hard to know

sourstix

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:55 am
Sunset and ruchel are both right. Get something less personal. Like a nice bowl. That ends up being used so much more

abound

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:00 am
Yes, boyaner in Israel wear makeup.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:24 am
A Chassidus cannot ban makeup. It's a personal choice. I know people who don't wear makeup, not because their Chassidus doesn't wear (although they praise it) , but they themselves don't want to. Like in New square and Kiryas Joel, I've seen women with zero make up, women with make up except eye makeup, and women with full faces of make up. I also know of women who don't wear eye makeup outside of their home but certainly wear for their husbands.
Wasn't makeup one of the things that Rabbeinu Gershom said that peddlers should continue selling?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
A Chassidus cannot ban makeup. It's a personal choice. I know people who don't wear makeup, not because their Chassidus doesn't wear (although they praise it) , but they themselves don't want to. Like in New square and Kiryas Joel, I've seen women with zero make up, women with make up except eye makeup, and women with full faces of make up. I also know of women who don't wear eye makeup outside of their home but certainly wear for their husbands.
Wasn't makeup one of the things that Rabbeinu Gershom said that peddlers should continue selling?

This, there is no chassidus that bans makup completely
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics