Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Keeps getting woken up by husband snoring
1  2  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 10:20 am
My 3 month old dd keeps getting woken up at night time from my dh snoring. I thought if they get used to noise straight away they'll be fine with noise but not my baby. Any little noise wakes her up. Not sure if anything could be done. Taking baby out of room not an option

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 10:23 am
I think the ONLY option is to take the baby out of the room or take you and the baby out of the room.
OR even better, why not have your husband go to a doctor to try to get the snoring taken care of.
Other than someone leaving the room, there really isnt anything that can be done.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 10:51 am
Can snoring really be helped?

animeme

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 10:58 am
You can have him try Breathe Rite nose strips. Some people can reduce it by changing positions.

MyUsername

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 11:38 am
Some babies are noise sensitive - it is inborn and there is nothing you can do about it.

Try putting a white noise machine in the room.

Try rearranging the room, so baby is far away from husband.

Try finding the position that causes the least snoring.

Try having husband sleep out of room or you and baby sleep out of room. Or baby stays in room and you and husband move into living room.

MommyM

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 11:41 am
amother wrote:

Sometimes snoring is caused by a different problem such as sleep apnea or reflux, and if that is taken care of, then the snoring disappears.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 1:51 am
amother wrote:
Of course it can. Hugs. See if your husband will go to the doctor for this. And go from there.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 3:25 am
amother wrote:

If he'll agree to the help which can involve a sleep study that for some reason many men have an aversion to.

rachel6543

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:21 am
I agree you should have husband medically evaluated. Snoring can be an indication of some health issues.

In the meantime, I would get a white noise machine. Or set you phone or music player to play some white noise or music. You could also get a cold-mist humidifier. Not sure if it will help with snoring, but I find it helps when I or my kid has a stuffy noise and makes its easier to breath; plus it's makes background noise which would help with the snoring noise.

ceebee

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 11:07 am
Right now the baby needs you and her needs are priority. While your husband receives help for relieving his snoring, he should sleep in another room so that you can be near the baby and baby can get enough sleep.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 11:09 am
ceebee wrote:
Right now the baby needs you and her needs are priority. While your husband receives help for relieving his snoring, he should sleep in another room so that you can be near the baby and baby can get enough sleep.

I was thinking the same thing. Why is baby leaving your bedroom not an option. I get that that setup might be ideal for you, but it clearly isn't ideal for baby

Teomima

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 12:44 pm
My husband was a terrible snorer till he finally got diagnosed with sleep apnea. Now he sleeps with a CPAP and doesn't snore with it.
The sleep study isn't like it used to be (overnight in the sleep clinic, hooked up to machines). Instead they just send you hinge with a diagnostic CPAP that monitors your sleep.

Very worthwhile!

lucky14

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:30 am
Teomima wrote:
My husband was a terrible snorer till he finally got diagnosed with sleep apnea. Now he sleeps with a CPAP and doesn't snore with it.
The sleep study isn't like it used to be (overnight in the sleep clinic, hooked up to machines). Instead they just send you hinge with a diagnostic CPAP that monitors your sleep.

Very worthwhile!

is it covered by insurance?

Teomima

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:38 am
lucky14 wrote:
is it covered by insurance?

We're in Israel so this may be irrelevant, but here the machine itself was not fully covered. But it's a one-time expense (though we have had to replace the tubing once) so the cost was, in our opinion, very worthwhile. Keep in mind, sleep apnea isn't just annoying, it can be dangerous.

lucky14

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 1:45 pm
Teomima wrote:
We're in Israel so this may be irrelevant, but here the machine itself was not fully covered. But it's a one-time expense (though we have had to replace the tubing once) so the cost was, in our opinion, very worthwhile. Keep in mind, sleep apnea isn't just annoying, it can be dangerous.

yeah I'm in the U.S. I was asking about the testing actually. If anyone here knows.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 1:46 pm
lucky14 wrote:
yeah I'm in the U.S. I was asking about the testing actually. If anyone here knows.

IN the US I beleive you need to have a sleep study. Start by seeing a pulmonologist

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:00 pm
They have machines that you can bring home in the US as well. My father had it diagnosed with that.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:31 pm
Thanks for the replies.
My dh is also more on the heavy side, could that be causing the snoring or its more that he should get tested?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
My dh is also more on the heavy side, could that be causing the snoring or its more that he should get tested?

Both. A heavier person is more likely to snore and to have sleep apnea. I had my husband tested years ago when he snored terribly and it came back that he didn't have sleep apnea (I think insurance covered it because it is a health issue). A few years later, he lost weight and stopped snoring. He has since regained the weight but b'h didn't resume snoring as badly as he did then. He snores a little but nothing a pair of earplugs won't block out. Too bad babies can't wear earplugs... Smile

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 1:44 pm
I would get a sound machine and that should help a ton! My DH was a huge snorer and kept ME awake so I made him go to the doctor. He was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and we bought a cpap machine. It was a huge improvement to both our sleeps. About a year later he went on an extreme diet (he was overweight but not extremely obese) and his snoring completely stopped! So yes there is definitely a correlation between weight and sleep apnea/snoring.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics