Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Seminaries that will accept homeschoolers

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:52 pm
We are looking into seminaries for dd who has 1 year left of high school. She'd like to stay in the US. Are there any seminaries that will accept homeschooled girls? I have heard that many are reluctant to do so! Thank you!

courage2218

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:17 pm
what about ateres naava?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 5:13 pm
I think our daughters are the same age - both homeschooled - can you contact me offline? ylbschool@gmail.com

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 5:51 pm
Don't know, but American seminaries are often more flexible. I would try Rebbetzin Feiner's (Machon Basya Rochel) in Far Rockaway- they have a variety of girls and don't expect them to be cookie cutters. I imagine your recommendation choices will be important.

I know you said US, but in case anyone else is reading, I know a homeschooled girl who went to Tomer Devorah in Eretz Yisrael. They also have a variety of girls.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 5:56 pm
I know some homeschooled girls who went to Pninim.

If you do consider it, do your research as it was a Meisel's seminary, but the girls I know who went there had a fantastic year.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 7:18 pm
amother wrote:
I know some homeschooled girls who went to Pninim.

If you do consider it, do your research as it was a Meisel's seminary, but the girls I know who went there had a fantastic year.

Why recommend a school where there was documented s-xual assault of many students by the Dean and cover-up and lack of protection by the staff? I don't think this is a safe choice for anyone. Putting this here so OP is fully informed.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
Why recommend a school where there was documented s-xual assault of many students by the Dean and cover-up and lack of protection by the staff? I don't think this is a safe choice for anyone. Putting this here so OP is fully informed.

that's horrible. How many years ago did this occur?

RachaelLeah

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:33 pm
I was not homeschooled (but I homeschool my kids Smile). I went to Yavne Seminary in Cleveland and it was excellent. They value independent learning - a lot of independent learning, and it's a pretty serious, non-party-school place. It seems to me to be a perfect fit for a homeschooler.
I know a girl who was homeschooled for English; she went to the local Bais Yaakov high school for Judaics. She went to Yavne last year.

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 10:27 pm
I kniw a home schooler who is now in Bnos Chaim in lkwd. So I guess they take homeschoolers.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 1:58 am
OP: It might be an idea to ask this question also on the Yahoo homeschooling group.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 8:29 am
Why don't you make a list of 3 seminaries your daughter would like to go to and call them.
Ask them if they accept homeschoolers.
I think many would, especially now a days, homeschooling is such a popular choice. It is not looked down upon anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling