Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Need ideas to organize my pantry

esuss

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:53 pm
The pantry that I have is very deep and I am having trouble keeping it organized in such a way that I could find the things we need. Any ideas? Limited budget.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:59 pm
esuss wrote:
The pantry that I have is very deep and I am having trouble keeping it organized in such a way that I could find the things we need. Any ideas? Limited budget.

What is the layout like. My 'pantry' is two 10" deep 7ft long shelves above my washer and dryer. It also includes a wine rack at the end of one kitchen cabinet that is filled with mason jars. At the dead end of my kitchen I painted a board the same color as the cabinets and ran it across the tops of my cabinets (they do no go to the ceiling). I keep plastic bins with crackers and pasta there.

esuss

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:01 pm
It is floor to ceiling and about 20" deep. Same depth as standard kitchen cabinets.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:40 pm
There are all manner of useful storage enhancers like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Close.....racks

Baskets and bins are really helpful for bagged items like nosh and noodles.

Store cans and bottles one can/bottle wide and several deep. Label the shelf in front of the item with its name, such as "tomato sauce" or "rotelli."

Store items by type, e.g., all canned goods on the same shelf, or all spices together.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 9:20 am
I have the same problem with deep shelving causing it to get messy. Dh removed some shelves in between so that you can see what's on each shelf ( cuz more space in height) therefore u don't just fumble around and make a mess. U see what's there and take that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics