Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Where in the Monsey area is a playgroup needed?
1  2  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 9:02 am
Hi,
I'm relatively new in town. I've been a professional preschool teacher for many years and am interested in opening a playgroup in the Monsey area. It will be run professionally with a small student-to-teacher ratio, not like the large factory-like places. I likely will have to rent the facilities, as my home is not large enough. Which neighborhood would be the best to do this in? I'm also not planning on being too cheap, I plan on charging at least $350-$400 a month (which is not cheap in some neighborhoods in Monsey) but giving a quality product.... Thanks!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 9:17 am
I don't know where a playgroup is needed but for this price, don't expect to many costumes.
The normal price range is $250-$275 even from the best playgroups.
If u provide transportation it's another $100 per month.
Good luck

wifenmother

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 11:28 am
Agree with blessing. I've looked into playgroups again this year for my dc. And I did a lot of research. Yes, I prefer small groups, so I concentrated on that. I did not hear of anyone charging over $300 monthly. $275 is the average price now for a good place.

Transportation is always optional and costs more.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 1:47 pm
I do not agree with the above posts. I have always paid 350 or 375 for my children's playgroups and so did everyone I know. Where do u even find programs for much cheaper?
I would think that a playgroup may be needed in the Wesley hills area or pomona area. Maybe in the over 202 neighborhood. (That's just a newer area so maybe would need one)

wifenmother

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:10 pm
I guess it depends on the crowd... Wesley Hills playgroups have a different crowd than the playgroups in Central Monsey.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:54 pm
I remember a thread from a while back where women were posting how much they pay for playgroup in Monsey and the average was more than 250-300. So I guess it really depends on the neighborhood.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 3:01 pm
im in airmont where there arent many playgroups. theres only one yiddish speakin one here so theres a demand for that. they charge 300 and thats on the expensive side but not unheard of. 275 is normal but if you have a good name or small classes, you can charge 300

supermamma

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 6:33 pm
The price is right for a professional playgroup
I don't know why but the Yiddish speaking ones can range from 175-275 while English speaking can go up to 400. I don't know which areas have a demand right now for babysitting

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 6:58 pm
I pay 400 a month. It includes a half hour overtime and two way transportation.

wifenmother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
I pay 400 a month. It includes a half hour overtime and two way transportation.

That's fair. You may be paying $275 or so, plus $100 or so for transportation and $25 or so for overtime.

wifenmother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 12:15 pm
supermamma wrote:
The price is right for a professional playgroup
I don't know why but the Yiddish speaking ones can range from 175-275 while English speaking can go up to 400. I don't know which areas have a demand right now for babysitting

$175 nowadays??? Really!!! Wonder what that place is like. 10+ years ago I was paying $225 - $250 monthly for a yiddish speaking playgroup.

On another note, I have a chasidish friend with an exclusively yiddish speaking home that runs an English speaking playgroup because the going rate is that much more...

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:41 pm
wifenmother wrote:
$175 nowadays??? Really!!! Wonder what that place is like. 10+ years ago I was paying $225 - $250 monthly for a yiddish speaking playgroup.

On another note, I have a chasidish friend with an exclusively yiddish speaking home that runs an English speaking playgroup because the going rate is that much more...

I think that was a typo. I doubt anyone charges 175 for a playgroup....

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:53 pm
350-400 is reasonable for wesley hills area, but theyre often totly legal, which sweetens the deal
The playgroup I send to is legal with inspectors coming, everything accoeding to code etc

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:14 pm
But bear in mind that most likely facilities will cost more to rent in the areas where you can charge more, so it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be making more money.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:35 pm
cnc wrote:
But bear in mind that most likely facilities will cost more to rent in the areas where you can charge more, so it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be making more money.

Is that true? I'm assuming that if I make a playgroup in Central Monsey, I won't be able to charge much, and will be paying high rent. However, further out (New City, Pomona, Wesley etc.), I'll be able to charge more and likely pay less rent. No?

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
Is that true? I'm assuming that if I make a playgroup in Central Monsey, I won't be able to charge much, and will be paying high rent. However, further out (New City, Pomona, Wesley etc.), I'll be able to charge more and likely pay less rent. No?

I don't know it for a fact and I'm not very familiar with all neighborhoods in Monsey. I do believe that Wesley Hills is more expensive than other places. Maybe other posters can chime in.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:29 pm
If you're really good and you can find reasonably nice premises you will not have a problem charging 400+ in Wesley Hills.
There's no such thing as transportation around here, everybody drives.
People I know are on waiting lists all over the place.
Are you talking about 2-3 or 3-4?
Both are needed.
It's especially hard to find places with the possibility of extended hours.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:51 pm
Pomona other side of 202 needs professional playgroups.

libadmin

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 10:48 am
Sorry to hijack the thread but can those of you who posted about daycares with long hours and transportation provide names and numbers?
As an aside, Chestnut Ridge could also use more daycares.

going-up

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:59 pm
Did you end up opening a playgroup?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics