Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Please help me help my husband lose weight
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:58 am
This advice is all worthless if he doesn't want to lose weight. Sorry ladies.

My DH lost 40+ pounds on his own, after years of me trying to help him by cooking healthy food, writing out food guides, he would ask me to do all these things.

It didn't work until finally HE decided he wanted to lose weight. HE is the one that decided what to put in his mouth.
HE woke up at 5 am every morning to go to the gym.
HE would not eat anything unhealthy until he reached his goal weight, and now he maintains with occasional treats. If there was not his ideal dinner he would open a can of tuna, or literally not eat. He was very motivated and lost the weight steadily because he wanted to see results. And he did!!

Everyone asked me how did he do it, I answered I can't take credit for his hard work!

This isn't the wife's problem. If there is a woman that wants to lose weight ,you won't see him asking advice form all his friends, she will have to do it herself.

Sure, she can cook healthy things, for the whole family! but its not her job to totally take responsibility for her husband's weight.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:51 am
He should fill up on lean proteins and veggies! Protein really is more satisfying than carbs.

He doesn't need to eliminate carbs, but he should cut down significantly.

Serve less fattening foods to your kids. It's hard to eat a dietetic meal when there is fresh hot schnitzel in the house. Perhaps you can try protein shakes for your kids to boost their daily calorie intake.

Good Luck
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise